PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Double Agent

blackout
2007-08-30, 06:02 PM
JUST got the game. Who else thinks it roxxorz your boxxorz?! :smallbiggrin:

Logic
2007-08-30, 07:48 PM
JUST got the game. Who else thinks it roxxorz your boxxorz?! :smallbiggrin:

If I could figure out how to get out of the Silo in the first level, I might be inclined to agree with you.

2007-08-30, 07:49 PM
The Splinter Cell games are never as good as I think they can be.

I always want them to give Sam more character depth, but he's always just a pawn doing whatever the voices in his head tell him.

Ranis
2007-08-30, 09:03 PM
MGS clone #363? No thanks.

Logic
2007-08-30, 09:32 PM
MGS may have invented the Stealth Action genre, but can't really call Splinter Cell a clone just because it happens to be the same genre that MGS is. That would be exactly like saying that Medal of Honor (any) is a clone of Wolfenstein. If that is what you mean, I feel sorry for you. You are missing some really great games.

Ranis
2007-08-30, 09:41 PM
I seriously tried to play Splinter Cell, two of them actually, saying to myself "Maybe that one sucked-I'll give this one a go." I hated them both. Either they're very overhyped, or it's just not my thing.

blackout
2007-08-30, 09:56 PM
Well, I think it's just you.

Hawriel
2007-08-30, 09:59 PM
probly just not your thing. but if your moving from MGS to SC then I can understand your dislike. Metal Gear has, I would emagin, a better combat controle. For splinter cell I have found the game a little lacking and unforgiving in the few real combats that the game has. The controles really dont support fast combat. the strenth of game play is in the stealth and increased options in moving around the enviornent. although I still find jumping a little off some times. The graphics are increasingly exeptional in every new game. That right there is its biggest lure. I personaly never played MGS, so I cant really give a good comparison. From what Ive seen of it though just looks like somthing I would not really like. Im not into that style of japanies games. mostly the nonsensical fay dramatic characters and plot. but thats my opinion.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-30, 10:19 PM
I just rented it and got through the first three levels or so. I like this one more than a few of the others that came before it, because the whole choice/side aspect that's in this one. It's still kind of linear as the other ones, but better than ether the first one or Pandora's tomorrow. Apparently SC: Chaos Theory has multiple ways to complete the objectives, so you can choose how you accomplish things in a variety of ways.

2007-08-31, 12:43 PM

Splinter Cell is much, much harder than MGS.

MGS has silly, "I'm Psycho Mantis and psychic and you carry around two missile launchers and three assault rifles and a pistol and grenades and stuff" things going on. Its fun to play, but hardly believable (especially MGS2).

SC is much more realistic. If you're seen you'll probably die quickly. Sam is badass, but no matter how tough you are, three guys with Uzis will probably down you. It takes a lot more pacients to get through SC.

Both are good games, but I wouldn't call Splinter Cell a clone of Metal Gear Solid.

Crilley
2007-09-04, 01:32 AM
Personally I enjoy MGS far more. I hate games that are all about shooting 34198356183745234875623984765 bad guys in one level, but sneaking around in everything I do, I just don't have the attention span.

I'm not saying its a bad game, I enjoyed it, but MGS just seems more balanced to what I like.

2007-09-04, 11:48 AM
Personally I enjoy MGS far more. I hate games that are all about shooting 34198356183745234875623984765 bad guys in one level, but sneaking around in everything I do, I just don't have the attention span.

There's only one level in SC where you have to kill people. And many, many more where you're can't actually kill anyone.

It makes it so much easier when you can just whistle and then pop a guy in the face with a pistol.