PDA

View Full Version : Cleric build advice in CoS

BlueFountain
2018-03-24, 04:45 PM
Hey, some may recall a while back I got some help in this already. But game starts up tomorrow night and so ran one last check over the character and my first thread. Overall I think I'm good to go on Knowledge Cleric 27 point buy system Aasimar starting lvl 2

STR 8
DEX 14
CON 15
INT 8
WIS 16
CHA 12

The main thing I'm wondering is this. It seems even hitting lvl 12 can be odd in CoS. My plan originally was to pump up WIS to 20 and get Resilient for Constitution to push that up to 16 along the way as well. But if I don't hit lvl 12, I can either Res. Con and WIS 18 or just WIS 20.

I'm wondering if it would be better for those saving throws to go Resilient Con and only hit 18 WIS. Or if it would be much better to go that 20 Wisdom? Or if I should alter stats now to just start off with 16 CON so I don't have to worry if or not I can hit 20 Wisdom.

Basically, I can see the usefulness of Con Resilience. I don't know how much of a difference it would be to have 20 vs 18 Wisdom though.

original thread on this: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?549062-good-Cleric-build-for-Curse-of-Strahd-compaign (I didn't think bumping it after 2 months would be good)

Also thanks to any advice given, and again thanks to those who gave advice in the last thread. :smallsmile:

CTurbo
2018-03-24, 04:53 PM
I would rather have Wis 18 + Con 16 + saves instead of Wis 20 + Con 15

That's my 2 cents