PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Prehensile Tongue?

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-03-24, 07:25 PM
I'd like to enhance a neraph character (PlH) by making him more in touch with his toadlike visage. Is there any way to give him a long, fully prehensile tongue?

Dragolord
2018-03-24, 07:35 PM
I'd like to enhance a neraph character (PlH) by making him more in touch with his toadlike visage. Is there any way to give him a long, fully prehensile tongue?

The Eberron Campaign Setting has the tongueworm symbiont, if you don't mind it being a horrible abomination against nature rather than something inherent to the character.

Blue Jay
2018-03-24, 07:37 PM

In 3.5e, the closest I can think of is the Chameleon Creature template from Underdark. It gives you a tongue that can deliver a non-damaging touch attack with a reach of 10 ft (it can deliver spells and stuff). A permissive DM might let you use that attack to qualify for the Prehensile Tail feat from Savage Species.

Ramza00
2018-03-24, 07:44 PM
I am not really familiar enough with Pathfinders to know all the ways, but Witches have a hex known as Prehensile Hair. Reflavor this hex as a prehensile tongue.

AmberVael
2018-03-24, 08:00 PM
While the Agile Tongue (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/agile-tongue-grippli) racial feat is meant for Grippli, I think it'd be just fine for a Neraph. Ask your GM if they'd allow it.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-03-24, 08:16 PM
While the Agile Tongue (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/agile-tongue-grippli) racial feat is meant for Grippli, I think it'd be just fine for a Neraph. Ask your GM if they'd allow it.I think that one might work, if I can't find anything better. Bastards & Bloodlines has a feat called Old Blood that lets you count as another type of creature for various effects, including feat prereqs.

It's too bad that PF prehensile limbs suck so much, is the only thing. At least in 3rd Edition they count as additional hands, as far as I can see. With tails, anyway.

Telonius
2018-03-24, 08:42 PM
Can you get him into Warshaper (maybe through Druid or other method of shapechanging)? Tongue is a natural attack from a Mohrg, so I suppose you could get that as one of your Morphic weapons.