PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Erastil follower in CotCT?

MindTheGap97
2018-03-24, 08:30 PM
I always wanted to try out a Zen Archer Monk of Erastil, now that we're starting a campaign I want to ask this:
Is it doable at all in Curse of the Crimson Throne? Korvosa is a pretty big city, how would you roleplay one such character?

Psyren
2018-03-25, 09:05 PM
To answer this you basically need to ask why Erastilians adventure at all, and apply that to whatever is happening in the specific AP you're playing. It's a bit of a thorny problem because he doesn't actually like adventurers very much at all - while often necessary when monsters and other big threats show up, he'd prefer them to deal with the problem quickly and move on to leave sleepy villages in peace. But he does know that occasionally problems (even far-away ones) can grow out of control if adventurers aren't sent to deal with them timely, so that can give your Erastilian character a reason to be almost anywhere (with the aim of moving on or returning home whenever the threat is dealt with.)

I'll also point out that if you're playing Zen Archer primarily for the Wis to attack, you don't have to - the Erastil's Blessing feat will let you get that with any class you want. So if there's another class that will fit your adventuring concept better than monk, feel free to look into that.

MindTheGap97
2018-03-26, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, regarding the Monk I just really like the abilities that the class has, Wis to hit is just an additional goody, I know there are better archers mechanically speaking, Zen Archer still seems a pretty competent choice.

Psyren
2018-03-26, 03:21 PM
Gotcha, monk it is. Did the roleplay advice help any?

MindTheGap97
2018-03-26, 03:54 PM
Yes, it did, I'm writing the backstory right now, many thanks!!!