PDA

View Full Version : Force Construct (monster)

DanielLC
2007-08-30, 10:25 PM
http://davidbyrne.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/07_04_06_b_flat_landscape.jpg
A force construct gaurding a well-hidden phylactery

Force Construct
Medium construct
HD Xd10+X (Average HP)
Speed 20 ft. fly (perfect); 20 ft. (burrow)
Init: -1
AC 9; touch 9; flat-footed 9
(Dex -1, +10 natural)
BAB --; Grp --
Attack --
Full-Attack -
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Magic missle
Special Qualities Invisible, fast healing, vulnerable to force, vulnerable to movement
Saves Fort +X Ref +X Will +X
Abilities Str Ø, Dex 9, Con Ø, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills --
Feats --
Environment Any
Organization Solitary or gang (2-4)
Challenge Rating X
Treasure --
Alignment Always neutral
Advancement X
Level Adjustment --

The original force constructs were created by force dragons as mere toys. The kind of physics involved, reminiscent of Conway's Game of Life, are alien to creatures of matter, but to a force dragon of a certain age it's as natural as gravity. The constructs were modified until they could be used to fight, and well. Eventually people found out about them, and someone got a dragon to teach him how it's done.

Force Missle (Ex):
As a move action, a force construct may make a projectile of force deal 1d4+1 damage to its target as the spell magic missle. This can be modified in several ways:

Double Damage:
As a move action, a force construct may make its next force missle deal double damage (generally 2d4+2) to its target. This is generally done in conjunction to another modification.

Momentum Missle:
As a move action, a force construct may make its next force missle push on the target rather than damaging it, essentially making a bull rush as a charging medium creature with a streangth of 1d4+11. If combined with double damage, it's 2d4+11. The force can be applied in any direction, and is not necessarily away from the force construct.

Fire Damage:
As a move action, a force construct may make its next force missle heat the target rather than damaging it directly, dealing fire damage.

Piercing/Bludgeoning Damage:
As a move action, a force construct may make its next force missle push on the target in a specific way rather than damaging it directly, dealing piercing or bludgeoning damage.

Disrupt Force:
As a move action, a force construct may make its next force missle disrupt force effects rather than deal damage. If the force effect has hitpoints, disrupt force makes it deal double damage. If it's combined with double damage, it deals quadruple damage.

Invisible:
A force construct, being made entirely of force, is invisible. The constantly changing force shakes the air, causing white noise, and still allowing the construct to be heard.

Fast healing:
A force construct heals 1 HP every round.

Vulnerability to Force:
Any force effect disrupts the force construct, dealing an extra 1d8 damage, but ending the effect. Thus you can cast force shpere on a force construct, damaging it, or cast it around the construct, trapping it (but not very well).

Vulnerability to Movement:
Any movement of solid objects within a force construct deals 1d6 damage. This replaces normal damage. If the construct is burrowing, shaking the ground will be enough to deal damage. An earthquake would destroy it instantly, with no save. Because of this vulnerability, force constructs have no strength score. They can move stuff with momentum missle, which has the same strength score for pushing as it does for bull rushing.

Construction
A force construct isn't actually created from anything. It's essentially a complex self-perpetuating mass of force fields. Creating the original mass requires a DC 20 spellcraft check.

CL Xth; Craft Construct, magic missle, force wall, limited wish, caster must be at least Xth level; Price X gp; Cost X gp + X XP.

Any help filling in the Xs will be appreciated.

DracoDei
2007-08-31, 02:21 AM
That is an rather varied set of combat options for a mindless creature...
Most Golems are ALMOST entirely immune to magic... I recommend changing the name, but keeping it a construct.

Recommend either a very high strength (25+) or a very low one (1-4).

Con and Int should be - not 0.

Ing
2007-08-31, 12:45 PM
I laughed at the image

jindra34
2007-08-31, 12:49 PM
Are you going to fill in the x's?

martyboy74
2007-08-31, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that there's already a force golem.

EDIT: Yep, it's in the MM5.

DanielLC
2007-08-31, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have any of the books.

That is an rather varied set of combat options for a mindless creature...
Most Golems are ALMOST entirely immune to magic... I recommend changing the name, but keeping it a construct.

Recommend either a very high strength (25+) or a very low one (1-4).

Con and Int should be - not 0.

I changed the name to force construct. I made it's strength zero. After all, if it takes damage for touching anything that moves, how's it going to move something? I increased it's intelligence to 2. Why should it have a constitution? Most constructs don't.

Are you going to fill in the x's?
I was hoping everyone else would. I clarified this in the description on my last edit.

jindra34
2007-08-31, 05:55 PM
I changed the name to force construct. I made it's strength zero. After all, if it takes damage for touching anything that moves, how's it going to move something? I increased it's intelligence to 2. Why should it have a constitution? Most constructs don't.

thus the -. a 0 means it has a constitution so bad going outside would kill it.

edit: and we would need at least the cr or hd x to be filled in to get the others.

martyboy74
2007-08-31, 06:39 PM
thus the -. a 0 means it has a constitution so bad going outside would kill it.

edit: and we would need at least the cr or hd x to be filled in to get the others.

Actually, a 0 constitution means that it's dead. It starts out dead if it has a zero constituion, and that's just silly.

jindra34
2007-08-31, 06:42 PM
Actually, a 0 constitution means that it's dead. It starts out dead if it has a zero constituion, and that's just silly.

dang people here really do not get jokes.

DanielLC
2007-08-31, 09:31 PM
Not really. What would be silly is a construct that's alive. On d20srd.org there isn't a single construct with a constitution score (although a homonucleus sounds pretty alive). I'll change the constitution to Ø. Will that make you happy?