PDA

View Full Version : Nerull, the god of death, and his worshippers

Seharvepernfan
2018-03-25, 09:50 PM
Aside from a few crazy wackos, and I suspect many intelligent undead, who would worship it? Who forms the bulk of the, what, millions? of required worshipers? Would the "church" of nerull have temples with acolytes and lay worshipers and mundane warriors? I suppose I could see it being like a cult, where mentally messed-up people join because they have perverse desires or a desire for power (and so hope to gain some unholy powers, like clerics do). Must that be it?

S@tanicoaldo
2018-03-26, 09:53 PM
Acording to the wiki:

"Nerull is the patron deity of those who seek the greatest evil for their own enjoyment or gain. Most common folk do not worship or propitiate him, although they fear him greatly. It is believed that any form of appeasement will merely draw his attention, something that is at all costs to be avoided by the sensible. Nerull seems, in fact, to draw power from the very avoidance of his name. Some of the peasants of the former Great Kingdom do propitiate Nerull with minor rites, begging safe passage for the souls of the dead. Among the Flan and in the Old Faith, Nerull is sometimes considered to be the god of winter."