PDA

View Full Version : Blood hunter in pathfinder.

Drako992233
2018-03-25, 11:20 PM
Hello. My dm is running a new game and wasngoing to be 5e so i made an awesome order of the lycan blood hunter made by matthew mercer, but sadly we are switching to pathfinder. Does anyone know the best way to convert it from 5e to pathfinder?

Psyren
2018-03-25, 11:30 PM
Could you describe what it can do, for those of us who don't play 5e? Is it some kind of ranger that can shapeshift?

Drako992233
2018-03-26, 07:56 AM
Its a monster hunter who specializes in blood magic. Cuts themselves to cause weapons to deal elmental damage. Order of the lycan is an archtype that gives a slighty weaker version of lycanthropy. They get Damage resistance while transformed, silver vulnerability, and claws.

Gnaeus
2018-03-26, 08:07 AM
Nothing matches up exactly.
Shifter is easiest match, but is pretty bad.
Ranger with a fighting style can grow claws.
Alchemist with feral mutagen is good.
I’m not super familiar with spheres of might but I think there’s a way to do this there.
Since 3rd party stuff seems available Daevic (DSP) is good at growing claws and mauling stuff.
Druid is an amazing natural attacker but doesn’t sound like what you want.

Cutting yourself for elemental damage sounds like kineticist, but I won’t recommend that because I don’t hate you.

Drako992233
2018-03-26, 08:29 AM
Would it be easier to just directly convert the class to pathfinder? If so what would be the best way to do that? BAB, saves, etc, etc.

Psyren
2018-03-26, 08:41 AM
I dunno about the "cut themselves" part, or the silver vulnerability, but a ranger with natural weapons who uses the elemental styles (e.g. Shaitan Style) can get the rest of it. And I agree, no need to go Shifter.