PDA

View Full Version : Chaotic Evil Sorcerer/Cleric

MadPickle
2018-03-26, 04:31 AM
hello everyone , so soon we are starting new game , and i created aasimaru chaotic evil sorcerer(divine soul)/cleric. hes was send by unknown devil to the earth , to take over the world. so basically he is like jesus , just antichrist. im kida new at chaotic evil , just asking some tips and tricks , about game play , and sorcerer/cleric spells :) thank you!

DarkKnightJin
2018-03-26, 08:42 AM
Best tip I can give you: Chaotic Evil /= Chaotic Stupid.
Just because they are both Chaotic and Evil, does not mean they go around backstabbing everybody the first chance they get.

You wanna take over the world? Stick with those goody-two shoes that wanna save everybody.
You'll get some good PR for doing heroics, and you'll become intimately familiar with those heroes' weaknesses. Which you can then use to take 'em out when the time comes for you to assume direct control of the ruling to be done.

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-03-26, 08:45 AM
hello everyone , so soon we are starting new game , and i created aasimaru chaotic evil sorcerer(divine soul)/cleric. hes was send by unknown devil to the earth , to take over the world. so basically he is like jesus , just antichrist. im kida new at chaotic evil , just asking some tips and tricks , about game play , and sorcerer/cleric spells :) thank you!

Random Thoughts:

-Don't play chaotic evil like chaotic stupid.
-Make sure your party members are up for this. We've had a party member "murder" a peasant who was the last descendant of a cleric who was repeatedly used against her will to open a portal to hell which demons were invading the world through. It was close on us going pvp against the offending party member but at least there was cold hard logic behind the murder that it was going to save many lives. If you were a party member 5 equal leveled characters went pvp against you might not have as much fun next session even if you were able to flee. The next session would be the adventures of your character asking the DM to run an adventure just for you.
-Most D&D settings have many gods whom interact more visibly with the D&D worlds on a daily basis.
-In Israel of the year AD30 or whatever Caesar called it, Jesus would have been THE ultimate plus level 20 character with one nemesis of power.
-Your character is starting at Level 1, Level 3, Level 5? There are going to be bad guys out there he needs help killing.
-People may follow your character, there are just other quite visible choices right in your face for equally deserving gods they can follow.

Iados
2018-03-26, 09:34 AM
Many interpretations of the Antichrist depict him as an extremely charismatic (albeit false) savior. So while your character may be Chaotic Evil, it's fitting with the archetype to be perceived as a good and noble person with heroic intent. I'd recommend investing most of your Spells Known in traditionally divine/restorative spells, so that you can be widely known for your abilities to protect the innocent, heal the sick, and harm the wicked. But reserve a few spells (Mass Suggestion perhaps) for being able to manipulate others to your will.

MadPickle
2018-03-26, 12:27 PM
we are starting lvl 1, my plan is to play super good hero till i will see possobility to complete my goals. i will heal everyone , fight with them, i will be best friend of my party. but if it comes to take over the world, i will strike. im playing Divine soul Sorcerer. thank you for help! ;)

CTurbo
2018-03-26, 01:22 PM
Sounds more like neutral evil to me to be honest.

Chaotic evil doesn't have to be chaotic stupid but chaotic is still chaotic. Patiently waiting out a plan is anything but.

DarkKnightJin
2018-03-26, 03:21 PM
Sounds more like neutral evil to me to be honest.

Chaotic evil doesn't have to be chaotic stupid but chaotic is still chaotic. Patiently waiting out a plan is anything but.

Chaotic isn't 'random', as we think about it. On the scale of Law vs Chaos, Chaotic people value their individual freedoms above adhering to society's rules.
They are the nerds, the outcasts, the cloudcuckoolanders. They might get in trouble with Johnny Law for breaking the rules.. Or they might bide their time and wait to pounce until the odds are in their favor.