PDA

View Full Version : Meetup How’s The Party?!

Beeba17
2018-03-26, 05:05 PM
Heya everyone

Have a cool story from a fun game?
A story you’re working on for a campaign bound to be remembered?
A cool crew you wanna gush about?
Or maybe you and your friends are planning campaigns simultaneously and you love what’s cooking!

I just imagine this place for super casual storytime
Just something you wanna tell someone!
Just tell us how’s the party :smallsmile:

As for me my group is all planning some awesome stuff. Each of us are planning campaigns in different games (mostly PBTA) and it’s pretty great! Right now the groups worlds are shaping up to be

A MOTW campaign about a monster hunting agency
A Urban Shadows Mystery about an election year
A game of Masks which is gonna be superhero teen stuff
Cartel.. yes the QuickStart. I dunno why it’s happening but it’s awesome.
And I’m trying to build a steampunk game lol

It’s so cool to see these worlds being built simultaneously

AuthorGirl
2018-03-26, 07:10 PM
Woo! Time to gush :smallsmile:

My friend: Catalina, CN tiefling inquisitor of Calistria (goddess of . . . uh, probably lust, I really don't know), LVL 6.

Me: Ariana, LG half-elven paladin of Sarenrae (goddess of healing and the Sun), LVL 6. Given to Sarenrae's order as an infant for reasons that are largely irrelevant here.

Catalina is the daughter of the Archfiend of Lust. She was abandoned as a child and fended for herself until she encountered Calistria, who was disguised as a mortal. Catalina helped her goddess out of a sticky situation and was made an inquisitor as a reward. Currently, she is trying to find and defeat some sort of super-necromancer who's making a lot of uncontrollable undead abominations for . . . reasons. We don't know everything yet, and I'm assuming this necromancer is in it for the evulz.* Catalina wouldn't care except that a succubus promised her some information about the Archfiend (Catalina's very curious about the circumstances surrounding her own birth) in exchange for stopping the Big Bad Guy. It's still not clear why the succubus cares.

While his daughter was starving in the streets, the Archfiend was busy killing the high priest of Sarenrae. That's not quite as bad as it sounds - this guy was secretly running a slave ring so vile and awful, the Archfiend of Lust decided "yeah, that's gotta stop." (Side note: before all that came to light, Ariana looked up to the high priest as the embodiment of everything a servant of Sarenrae should be.)

The circumstances surrounding the high priest's death were spun as follows: well, he was corrupted by the Archfiend of Lust (that was why he did those awful things, you know, for the demon's amusement), then killed when he was about to break free. That's the story Ariana heard from the new high priestess. Meanwhile, a band of paladins was dispatched to destroy the Archfiend.

Now Ariana and Catalina are working together against the necromancer. The high priestess is very afraid of Catalina, for good reason, and Ariana is supposed to figure out exactly how much of a threat the tiefling is.

Last play session, we discovered some details of Catalina's side of the story (the significantly more true one . . . you know, the one Ariana does not and never will believe). Things are heating up with character conflict, and I'm excited :smallbiggrin:

*http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForTheEvulz

Beeba17
2018-03-26, 10:01 PM
Woo! Time to gush :smallsmile:

My friend: Catalina, CN tiefling inquisitor of Calistria (goddess of . . . uh, probably lust, I really don't know), LVL 6.

Me: Ariana, LG half-elven paladin of Sarenrae (goddess of healing and the Sun), LVL 6. Given to Sarenrae's order as an infant for reasons that are largely irrelevant here.

Catalina is the daughter of the Archfiend of Lust. She was abandoned as a child and fended for herself until she encountered Calistria, who was disguised as a mortal. Catalina helped her goddess out of a sticky situation and was made an inquisitor as a reward. Currently, she is trying to find and defeat some sort of super-necromancer who's making a lot of uncontrollable undead abominations for . . . reasons. We don't know everything yet, and I'm assuming this necromancer is in it for the evulz.* Catalina wouldn't care except that a succubus promised her some information about the Archfiend (Catalina's very curious about the circumstances surrounding her own birth) in exchange for stopping the Big Bad Guy. It's still not clear why the succubus cares.

While his daughter was starving in the streets, the Archfiend was busy killing the high priest of Sarenrae. That's not quite as bad as it sounds - this guy was secretly running a slave ring so vile and awful, the Archfiend of Lust decided "yeah, that's gotta stop." (Side note: before all that came to light, Ariana looked up to the high priest as the embodiment of everything a servant of Sarenrae should be.)

The circumstances surrounding the high priest's death were spun as follows: well, he was corrupted by the Archfiend of Lust (that was why he did those awful things, you know, for the demon's amusement), then killed when he was about to break free. That's the story Ariana heard from the new high priestess. Meanwhile, a band of paladins was dispatched to destroy the Archfiend.

Now Ariana and Catalina are working together against the necromancer. The high priestess is very afraid of Catalina, for good reason, and Ariana is supposed to figure out exactly how much of a threat the tiefling is.

Last play session, we discovered some details of Catalina's side of the story (the significantly more true one . . . you know, the one Ariana does not and never will believe). Things are heating up with character conflict, and I'm excited :smallbiggrin:

*http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForTheEvulz

Sounds super awesome!!!
My Phandelver groups been pretty crazy lately. Never knew when writing the campaign to come after I needed to preplan what can and can’t catch fire. Which characters can’t be charmed and stuff like that. Love the group but I swear they do crazy things

Like charming the bugbear into giving us all the loot and exp without a fight
Or beating up glass staff in his room before he went to bed....
And then burning down his home

AuthorGirl
2018-03-26, 11:48 PM
Sounds super awesome!!!
My Phandelver groups been pretty crazy lately. Never knew when writing the campaign to come after I needed to preplan what can and can’t catch fire. Which characters can’t be charmed and stuff like that. Love the group but I swear they do crazy things

Like charming the bugbear into giving us all the loot and exp without a fight
Or beating up glass staff in his room before he went to bed....
And then burning down his home

Bahaha they sound a lot like my group. I wonder if our DM plans which stuff can catch fire . . .

Beeba17
2018-03-27, 11:02 AM
Bahaha they sound a lot like my group. I wonder if our DM plans which stuff can catch fire . . .

It’s a good thing to map out. There were some.. awful things that a certain Tiefling did to Glass Staff.. with his actual glass staff.

One of our party members (a Dragonborn) ran screaming saying “I feel dirty” and OOC his player ran to wash his hands.. We gave him Inspiration.