PDA

View Full Version : [Silly PrC] Disciple of (MC) Hammer

AmadeusWindfall
2007-08-31, 04:02 AM
This prestige class was made for an absolutely ridiculous campaign setting I'm making in my spare time where, basically, anything goes unless it's sensible. I made this with a friend, and we based all of his class abilities at least loosely off the lyrics to "U Can't Touch This." However, I fear that it's overpowered, and while the entire campaign wouldn't be taken seriously I want it to have at least some sense of balance.

Disciple of Hammer

Hit Die: d8

Prerequisites:
Skills: Escape Artist 4 ranks, Perform (Dance) 10 ranks, Perform (Sing) 10 ranks.
Feats: Weapon Focus (Warhammer)
Special: Player must rap as much of “Can’t Touch This” as they can (at least the chorus, but if they can they must rap more) in front of the other players before taking their first level as a Disciple of Hammer.
Special: Must own a piece of signed MC Hammer memorabilia costing 5000 gp or more.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2| Bardic Music, Can’t Touch This, Mind to Rhyme

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3| Still Can’t Touch This 3/day, Evasion

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3| Two Hyped Feet

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4| Still Can’t Touch This 4/day, Superdope Homeboy from the Oaktown

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4| Why You Standin’ There Man?, I Told You - Can’t Touch This

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5| Still Can’t Touch This 5/day, Improved Evasion

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5| Making No Sweat

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+6| Still Can’t Touch This 6/day

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+6| Why Would I Ever Stop Doing This?

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+7| Stop! Hammer Time, Still Can’t Touch This 7/day [/table]

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Intimidate, Jump, Perform (Dance), Perform (Sing), Speak Language, Tumble

A Disciple of Hammer cannot use his class abilities if not wearing parachute pants.
Bardic Music (Ex): Every other class level a Disciple of Hammer gains is added to his effective bard level for the purpose of determining how often he can use bardic music and what bardic music abilities he can use.
Can’t Touch This (Ex): A Disciple of Hammer gain a dodge bonus equal to half his class level (rounded down) to your Armour Class (at least 1) and to his opposed attack rolls to escape grapples. This bonus is doubled against touch attacks.
Mind to Rhyme (Su): As long as they’re able to speak, a Disciple of Hammer may make a perform (sing) check in place of a concentration check a number of times per day equal to half their class level (rounded down) to your Armour Class (at least 1).
Still Can’t Touch This (Ex): From 2nd level, a Disciple of Hammer may replace his Armour Class with the result of a Perform (Dance) check until the end of the round as an immediate action when attacked 3 times a day. He must be aware of the attack to use this ability.
Evasion (Ex): From 2nd level, if a Disciple of Hammer makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a Disciple of Hammer is wearing light armour or no armour. A helpless Disciple of Hammer does not gain the benefit of evasion.
Two Hyped Feet (Ex): From 3rd level, in any round where a Disciple of the Hammer uses any of his class abilities or Bardic Music, he gains a 10ft enhancement bonus to his speed for 3 rounds.
Superdope Homeboy from the Oaktown (Ex): From 4th level, a Disciple of Hammer’s reputation is building. He gains a +4 bonus on all Diplomacy checks used to influence other Disciples of Hammer and anyone from the Disciple of Hammer’s home region or from the Oaktown.
Why You Standin’ There Man? (Sp): From 5th level, a Disciple of Hammer expend a Bardic Music use to make a Perform (sing) check, opposed by the target’s Concentration check or Will save (chosen by the target), or the target is affected as by Irresistible Dance for 2 rounds. The target must be within reach.
I Told You – Can’t Touch This (Su): From 5th level, a Disciple of Hammer gains a bonus to his Reflex saves equal to his Charisma bonus (at least +1).
Improved Evasion (Ex): At 9th level, a Disciple of Hammer’s evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless Disciple of Hammer does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.
Making No Sweat (Ex): From 7th level, a Disciple of Hammer is immune to fatigue as long as he has at least one use of his Bardic Music left.
Why Would I Ever Stop Doing This? (Ex): From 9th Level, a Disciple of Hammer can move as if affected by a Freedom of Movement spell as long as he has at least one use of his Bardic Music left. Even if you no longer meet the prerequisites, you can continue to take levels in Disciple of Hammer, and you cannot lose levels in Disciple of Hammer unless they are the only levels you have.
Stop! Hammer Time (Sp): At 10th level, a Disciple of Hammer has forged an unbreakable connection to the legacy of Hammer. He can use Time Stop, as the spell, once a day. When he does so, the enhancement bonus of any warhammers he is wielding increases by 1 for the rest of the encounter. As long as the Time Stop effect persists, he must succeed on a DC 25 Perform (dance) check every turn. If he fails, the Time Stop effect ends and the Disciple of Hammer is takes 5d6 sonic and bludgeoning damage.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-08-31, 04:25 AM
No MC Hammer Slide? (dimension door?)

Moff Chumley
2007-08-31, 01:07 PM
STOP! HAMMER TIME!

It had to be said.

OverdrivePrime
2007-08-31, 02:02 PM
Fifty Five awesome points are awared to AmadeusWindfall for sending out Somethin' For the O.G.'s. This is a beautiful PrC to see. I second the vote for the Hammer Slide lateral dimension door!

http://www.ryanjpeters.com/max/files/avatars/mchammer_anim.gif

Dancing_Zephyr
2007-09-01, 03:58 PM
This class contains large quantities of awesome. I third the Hammer Slide.

Mind to Rhyme has a extra bit at the end of it, so you might want to fix that, but otherwise good job.

Joltz
2007-09-01, 08:19 PM
I agree that this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.

Another little nitpick, what are the skills per level? I don't see it, but I'd guess 6/level like the bard. Also, what do you mean by "reach" for the "Why You Standin’ There Man?" ability? Melee reach?

As for balance, it looks fine to me. The only amazingly powerful ability they get is time stop 1/day, but wizards of the same level also have it. "Why You Standin’ There Man?" is also fairly powerful though.

I like this so much I think I'm going to try to find an excuse to include this in a generally serious campaign.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-02, 01:31 PM
Maybe you could find a way to include Irresistable Dance somewhere in there?

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-02, 01:41 PM
I would LOVE to see a half-orc with this PrC. Wanna know why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8HKTAKZes&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6TyVdZfW4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjobnbrVZhE&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU33It-y2ms&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066_q4DIeqk&mode=related&search=

That's why.

AmadeusWindfall
2007-09-02, 01:49 PM
Maybe you could find a way to include Irresistable Dance somewhere in there?

One of his 5th level abilities causes an Irresistible Dance effect for 2 rounds, though I want to change it, since a Disciple of Hammer can get the effect a 12th level, while a straight Bard has to wait four more levels to be able to cast the spell.

Orzel
2007-09-02, 02:40 PM
Where's Too Legit to Quit?
Turn this Mutha Out?

Pray? Where's my divine spells?