PDA

View Full Version : Friend needs som help

Hunterx
2018-03-26, 06:34 PM
Fighter level 4-5
He is looking for a Melee build I suggested TWF PA with karmic strike.

Lv 1 improved initiative
Lv 1 exotic weapon prof
Lv 1 weapon focus
Lv 1 ambidexterity (done ask)

Lv 2 Power attack

Lv3 Cleive

Lv4 oversized two weapon fighting or leap attack

Going into exotic weapon master just for one trick the one that gives bonus damage .

heavyfuel
2018-03-26, 07:07 PM
"Jack B Quick" (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=6944.0) is a decent build.

It's easily shut down by archers and casters, but he'll shine in melee.

Another relatively big problem is the lack of out of combat utility in the build.

Goaty14
2018-03-26, 07:15 PM
TWF+PA is a pretty bad combo, since you're stacking the PA penalty on top of your existing penalties for TWF, Ambidexterity does lower this, but you're still left with a penalty. TWF is only really useful if you have some sort of bonus damage to stack up (Sneak Attack, Skirmish, Sudden Strike, etc), and there isn't a EWM trick that does that (I checked!).

If you want to do PA, THF is more optimal. You'd probably get the most out of EWM if you did something along the lines of Spiked Chain tripping.

heavyfuel
2018-03-26, 07:23 PM
Your friend could go Revenant Blade (Player's Guide to Eberron), but he'd need to be an elf (which I'm assuming he isn't due to 4 feats at lv 1, though they could be flaws)

Revenant Blades use these exotic double scimitars and can TWF and Power Attack with them yielding pretty good results.

skunk3
2018-03-26, 08:14 PM
If going for exotic weapon proficiency as a feat, why not take spiked chain? Spiked chains are awesome. Also, as someone already pointed out, TWF + PA sucks. Two weapon fighting can be brutal if done right but it's also super expensive to kit out TWO separate weapons. I'd be a disarm/trip master with that spiked chain. :3

If he really wants to get into TWF, why not take a couple of levels of Fighter for some feats and then start taking levels in Ranger? You get TWF for free at 2nd level and improved TWF at 6th, as well as other cool Ranger stuff.

Hunterx
2018-03-26, 09:41 PM
If going for exotic weapon proficiency as a feat, why not take spiked chain? Spiked chains are awesome. Also, as someone already pointed out, TWF + PA sucks. Two weapon fighting can be brutal if done right but it's also super expensive to kit out TWO separate weapons. I'd be a disarm/trip master with that spiked chain. :3

If he really wants to get into TWF, why not take a couple of levels of Fighter for some feats and then start taking levels in Ranger? You get TWF for free at 2nd level and improved TWF at 6th, as well as other cool Ranger stuff.

EWM has uncanny blow, uncanny blow has the wording that if you use a one handed weapon and have power attack that ie does 2x you strength bonus instead of the normal it does not say anything about using power attack to get this any.