PDA

View Full Version : Statting out Black Dynamite?

Captn_Flounder
2018-03-27, 12:01 AM
Obviously he would have Monk Levels and high stats all around, esp Dex, Str and Cha.

Probably be level 15+, taking out entire street gangs at once with his Kung-Fu.

Proficiency (probably) in Persuasion, Intimidate, Athletics, Survival, Insight, and Perception.

So how would you guys stat out our favorite black hero in the war against The Man, Black Dynamite?

Talionis
2018-03-27, 10:05 AM
Isn't Black Dynamite a little like One Punch Man. Dynamite is supposed to be overpowered and virtually untouchable. His stats should be something like 20/20/20/20/20/20. Level 20 Monk or Level 20 Barbarian. Or better yet 20 Monk & Barbarian Gestalt.

Zonugal
2018-03-27, 11:23 AM
I built this back in January for a friend of mine to play at PAX-South.

Black Dynamite

https://411mania.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Black-Dynamite-645x370.jpg

Black Dynamite
Variant Human ‘Ancestral Guardian’ Barbarian 5 with the Trade Sheriff background
Medium humanoid (human), Chaotic Good
Armor class 16 (Unarmed Defense & Cloak of Protection)
Hit points 90 (7d12+36)
Speed 40 ft.
---
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 12
---
Saving Throws Strength +7 and Constitution +7
Skills Athletics +6, Investigation +7, Perception +3, Persuasion +4, Stealth +5, & Thieves’ Tools +3
Feats Tavern Brawler
Senses passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Draconic, & Undercommon
Challenge 7
---
Special Abilities
Racial Abilities: --
Background Abilities: Investigative Services
Class Abilities: Rage (3/long rest; +2 rage dmg), Unarmored Defense, Reckless Attack, Danger Sense, Primal Path (Path of the Ancestral Guardian), Ancestral Protectors, Extra Attack, and Fast Movement
---
Actions
Unarmed Strike. Melee weapon attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., range 20 ft./60 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) bludgeoning damage.
Nunchuk. Melee weapon attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) bludgeoning damage.
+1 Greatsword. Melee weapon attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d6+3) slashing damage.
Hand Crossbow. Ranged weapon attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft./90 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4+2) piercing damage; ammunition (150/600), light
--
Equipment: a belt pouch (38.8 gp), caltrops (bag of twenty), Cloak of Resistance, an explorer’s pack (includes: a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, and the pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.), a set of fine clothes, +1 greatsword, hand crossbow (with twenty bolts in a hip sheath), Headband of Intellect, holy symbol (amulet), lock and manacles, nunchucks (two clubs), four Potions of Healing, a shield, & thieves’ tools.
--
Character Attributes
Personality Trait: I am always polite and respectful.
Ideal: (Nation) My city, nation, or people are all that matter.
Bond: To this day an unsolved case will always leave me haunted and bother me.
Flaw: I always over exaggerate my abilities.
Personal Totem: A necklace made from the claws of a young cave bear that you slew single handedly as a child.
Tattoos: Etched on the backs of your hands are the paws of a cave bear.
Superstitions: Never trust a wizard. They’re all devils in disguise, especially the friendly ones.