PDA

View Full Version : Optimization (brainstorming) rogue ranger multiclass

Seppo87
2018-03-27, 07:35 AM
Deep Stalker Conclave Ranger (ua revised) + Rogue multiclass

Is it viable? How many levels of each one?
Which rogue would you suggest - assassin, swashbuckler, something else?

Any mandatory options? (feats etc...) ?

Thank you for your help

sophontteks
2018-03-27, 07:54 AM
I'd do three levels of assassin. Ranger givez more ways to gain a suprise round and the assassin doubles all that suprise round damage.

But a heads up. Using the revised ranger with the deep stalker is a bit broken. I don't like vanilla ranger but the remake is a bit over the top and with the deepstalker archtype on top I think its straight up broken. Even more so if you are multiclassing on top of it (which they don't recommend allowing).

At any rate, if your asking if its viable. Oh yeah, its viable. You'll pretty much end every encounter on the suprise round by killing the strongest creature before it can react, always win initiave, and completely eliminate the entire adventuring section of the handbook.

Mortis_Elrod
2018-03-27, 08:22 AM
I’m going to agree with it being pretty strong and more than viable.

17 ranger / 3 assasin is pretty good even with an overlap of abilities with Revised Ranger.

Some say works best with hand crossbow and grabbing Elven accuracy along with crossbow expert and sharpshooter. Make sure to grab your shadowrun dice because that’s a lot of d6s.

IMO ranger will always benefit from rogue levels no matter the subclasses. So if your not okay with being a monster for 2/3 parts of the game consider changing the subclasses or revised ranger part.