PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide on last two feat/ASIs

Dos246
2018-03-27, 10:38 AM
Trying to decide my last two ASI’s, character is a Tiefling red draconic origin fire based sorcerer. 8 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 11 Wis, 20 Cha. Previous ASI’s were 4th level ASI Cha (19), 8th Flames of Phlegethos Cha (20), 12th Elemental Adept fire. I’ve narrowed it down to the following choices:

Infernal Constitution + ASI Con (16) & Wis (12)

Lucky + ASI Dex (16)

Lucky + ASI Con (16)

ASI Dex (16) + ASI Con (16)

ASI Dex x2 (18)

ASI Con x2 (18)

Appreciate some feedback and thoughts, party consists of an arcane trickster rogue, wizard, tempest cleric, moon druid and myself.

Kurt Kurageous
2018-03-28, 02:24 PM
Lucky. Hands down the most used and useful feat. You will never regret taking it. And it stacks with advantage.

History_buff
2018-03-28, 03:09 PM
Lucky. Hands down the most used and useful feat. You will never regret taking it. And it stacks with advantage.

Some DMs don’t allow it. It’s a very powerful feat many would argue it’s THE most powerful feat.

You may be overlooking warcaster though. Advantage on concentration checks would make your sorcerer keep concentration on just about anything. Very helpful with twin spell.

Opportunity attacks with spells can be nice too. And hands full casting.

Citan
2018-03-29, 12:57 PM
Trying to decide my last two ASI’s, character is a Tiefling red draconic origin fire based sorcerer. 8 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 11 Wis, 20 Cha. Previous ASI’s were 4th level ASI Cha (19), 8th Flames of Phlegethos Cha (20), 12th Elemental Adept fire. I’ve narrowed it down to the following choices:

Infernal Constitution + ASI Con (16) & Wis (12)

Lucky + ASI Dex (16)

Lucky + ASI Con (16)

ASI Dex (16) + ASI Con (16)

ASI Dex x2 (18)

ASI Con x2 (18)

Appreciate some feedback and thoughts, party consists of an arcane trickster rogue, wizard, tempest cleric, moon druid and myself.
Hi!

From the choices you've made, I'd say Lucky + ASI CON, simply because Lucky has overall often chances to be useful. And higher HP and concentration is always nice to have.

I'd still like to suggest two other options though, following that logic:
1. Warcaster
From what I see, you're mostly versed in fire damage. Meaning obviously Fireball, but also Flaming Shere, Wall of Fire, of maybe pure control spells.
Warcaster would not only make you more reliable in maintaining whatever concentration spell you tend to use, it would also allow you to cast spells as a reaction, which is a big boost in economy: one enemy tries to move away? Hold Person / Blindness / Polymorph / etc could very well make a big difference.
Depending on how your DM would resolve the enemy positioning at the time of attack (whether he's still "within 5 feet" or not), you could even use Fire Bolt or Scorching Ray (latter works by RAW, ask your DM how he rules it).

2. Inspiring Leader
You have nobody in your party that can really provide a decent source of THP regularly and reliably.
Conversely, while your friends have some resilience features (Rogue = Uncanny Dodge, Cleric = high AC, Wizard = Shield/Absorb Elements, Moon Druid = Wild Shape/Absorb Elements), you don't have any true big meat shield that could aggro and hold all by himself. Provided your party manages to get at least one short rest every adventuring day, this could net you a pretty significant boost in survival.

(Of course, if your party plays tactically AND strategically, you probably never had and never will have survivability problem, considering you have access to all rituals and most of the best ambush/set-up spells between Cleric, Wizard and Druid
So you may find Inspiring Leader extremely lackluster for your group in that case ;)).

Have fun! ;)

Dos246
2018-03-30, 08:04 AM
Thank you all for the input, much appreciated! Good note about Warcaster too, that was one I had in reserve as a possible option. I think I've settled on Lucky, just for overall usefulness and most likely pair that with a Dex ASI to help boost my initiative and AC.

mephnick
2018-03-30, 08:10 AM
Some DMs don’t allow it. It’s a very powerful feat many would argue it’s THE most powerful feat.

It's definitely the most boring, annoying feat.

Angelalex242
2018-03-30, 04:35 PM
It's definitely the most boring, annoying feat.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoringButPractical

It works, though.