PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Short casting classes like Trapsmith?

Chestershire
2018-03-27, 10:54 AM
I've been having trouble finding some classes for a 4/10 spell-caster Prc, I was just wondering if anyone else knew any other short Prc's, preferably 5 levels (7 Max), that had their own spell lists like trapsmith.

Just to clarify, not anything short that advances spell-casting (Ex: Abjurant Champion) but something that gets its own spell list entirely.

If there is anything else, the only two classes I've found and are familiar with are Trapsmith and Telflammar Shadowlord.

Troacctid
2018-03-27, 12:13 PM
I have a complete index of every spellcasting class in the game, linked in my signature. It includes all the standalone classes. Might be helpful; check it out.

Chestershire
2018-03-27, 12:20 PM
Thank you for that, I will take a look through these and see if I can find anything that fits what I need.

Zombulian
2018-03-27, 12:23 PM
Off the top of my head I can think of Pious Templar and Assassin.

Gullintanni
2018-03-27, 03:18 PM
Isn't Ur-Priest an example of this? Also Divine Crusader, and I guess Sublime Chord...but the latter requires Bard casting, so doesn't fit the "short" requirement.

Troacctid
2018-03-27, 05:07 PM
Off the top of my head I can think of Pious Templar and Assassin.

Isn't Ur-Priest an example of this? Also Divine Crusader, and I guess Sublime Chord...but the latter requires Bard casting, so doesn't fit the "short" requirement.
These are all 10 levels long, guys.

Zombulian
2018-03-27, 05:14 PM
These are all 10 levels long, guys.

Yeah I realized that I goofed up when I went to correct Gullinitanni and realized I'd done the same thing.

RoboEmperor
2018-03-27, 05:50 PM
I don't understand. 4/10 means it's advancing something. Having its own spell list means it advances NOTHING.

Troacctid
2018-03-27, 05:52 PM
I don't understand. 4/10 means it's advancing something. Having its own spell list means it advances NOTHING.
He has a 4/10 casting advancement class in mind and is looking for a standalone casting class to go with it.

RoboEmperor
2018-03-27, 05:55 PM
He has a 4/10 casting advancement class in mind and is looking for a standalone casting class to go with it.

Oh I get it, then I'd recommend Nar Demonbinder. 7 levels, but I guess he's looking for one he can enter sooner probably?

Cosmic Descryer is probably more powerful than anything even when you only advance 7 levels in it, but this one is entered even later than Nar Demonbinder.

Ur-Priest?

Divine Crusader is also fun and has its own spell list. All the way to 9th level spells but even if you only advance 7/10 it should dwarf the likes of trapsmith.

Pyromancer999
2018-03-27, 09:10 PM
What about Merchant Prince? 3rd level spells over 5 levels.

Chestershire
2018-03-28, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, that's the first time I've ever seen Merchant Prince but it is interesting, I would want to look into actually using a profession skill for once just so the level 1 feature doesn't go to waste.

I might go for Ur-Priest, I can at least hit 6th level spells with that (7th if WIS gets high enough) and that's still pretty decent.

I always forget CHA is a casting stat, but that's probably because I rarely play Paladin/Sorc/Bard and other things so those might be a bit harder for me to get into atm.