PDA

View Full Version : Strange request:Pony&Class

brenilla1919
2018-03-27, 07:28 PM
So in a game events have occurred and now I am in control of a pony and not only has this pony been used and effective in combat but has also been given an object that allows him to speak

so I'm wondering if there is any class he could have.

the_brazenburn
2018-03-27, 07:47 PM
It's not RAW, but by Brazenburn's First Law (All fun is good fun), you could conceivably give it any class you wanted. We'd need to know more about your party makeup to be more specific.

Avonar
2018-03-27, 08:12 PM
A Pony Monk based around kicking?

Could be something haha.

CantigThimble
2018-03-27, 08:22 PM
Pony bard. Incapable of casting spells due to lack of hands or articulated speech. However, look deep into the pony's eyes. You know you can succeed. You know you have to. For pony.

Best bardic inspiration.

And then take College of Whispers and BAM 2d8 psychic damage on a hoof attack. :smallbiggrin:

Blood of Gaea
2018-03-27, 08:24 PM
Personally, I think Shadow Monk would be pretty cool.

Honest Tiefling
2018-03-27, 08:28 PM
Pony bard. Incapable of casting spells due to lack of hands or articulated speech.

Spells aren't speech to begin with, and several creatures probably cast spells with tentacles or other limbs anyway. A support bard pony would be a welcome addition to any party, but monk is tempting as getting extra speed on a party member you can ride is also good. Monk also has the advantage of giving your pony unarmored defense, since getting it magical armor might be difficult.

Either way, just make sure to train stealth.

Kuulvheysoon
2018-03-27, 10:17 PM
Rogue? For extra hilarity, make it a Mastermind rogue. Help action from 30ft away as a bonus action? Yes please.

Also going to point out that said pony needs an Intelligence increase - isn't there a minimum intelligence for taking PC classes, or is that a relic from an earlier edition?

Blood of Gaea
2018-03-27, 10:26 PM
Rogue? For extra hilarity, make it a Mastermind rogue. Help action from 30ft away as a bonus action? Yes please.

Also going to point out that said pony needs an Intelligence increase - isn't there a minimum intelligence for taking PC classes, or is that a relic from an earlier edition?
You need 3 Int to be sentient, and 13 Int is required to multiclass into or out of the Wizard class.

ImproperJustice
2018-03-27, 10:43 PM
Champion

Get it a hat and call her Applejack.

Level2intern
2018-03-27, 10:57 PM
Fiend pack warlock. Pony is really a fledgling Night Mare. Eldritch blast laser eyes dude.

Protato
2018-03-28, 12:23 AM
I play as a non-talking but sentient (and fairly smart) non-anthropomorphic borzoi in a game and I use a Monk. They were a druid but were turned into a golden statue and the GM said he could be reincarnated so I could still play him, but he's just a regular dog now.

Quoxis
2018-03-29, 05:46 AM
Nobody’s thought of a conquest paladin pony yet?
Beware its mighty hoof of divine smiting and cower in fear as it charges into the midst of its enemies.

Arkhios
2018-03-29, 05:51 AM
Come on! Of course it would be a Totem Warrior Barbarian! At 6th level it'll become the most epic and strongest (medium sized) beast of burden around!

You don't want to mess with this pony! It'll smush you into the dirt!

ToastyTobasco
2018-03-29, 03:50 PM

Oh my god, YES. The horse was behind it all; the assassinations, the usurp of the throne, EVERYTHING!

Avonar
2018-03-29, 04:06 PM

The pony gives you a look. You know what you must do.

brenilla1919
2018-03-29, 06:50 PM
If your wondering it's a boy and his name is eachthighearn

sambojin
2018-03-31, 10:03 PM
EK, because as we all know, Fighting is Magic!

Oh, and grab the Mariner fighting style from the Waterborne Adventures UA, because having a climb and swim speed could end up with some hilarious situations.

danpit2991
2018-03-31, 10:25 PM

Oh my god, YES. The horse was behind it all; the assassinations, the usurp of the throne, EVERYTHING!

The pony gives you a look. You know what you must do.

Am i the only one that sees this as BAD HORSE from DR Horrible?????

AvvyR
2018-03-31, 10:59 PM
Come on! Of course it would be a Totem Warrior Barbarian! At 6th level it'll become the most epic and strongest (medium sized) beast of burden around!

You don't want to mess with this pony! It'll smush you into the dirt!

I completely agree. When I played through Strahd, our Paladin's mount was this horrifying nightmare giant black goat, that was basically the party's barbarian. It was amazing.

Honest Tiefling
2018-04-01, 06:53 PM
I completely agree. When I played through Strahd, our Paladin's mount was this horrifying nightmare giant black goat, that was basically the party's barbarian. It was amazing.

...This sounds like a great idea. YOINK!

MrStabby
2018-04-01, 08:00 PM
Forge domain cleric. Using channel divinity to craft an item would be a sight to behold.

Glamour Bard. Enthralling performance to make everyone you meet admire your ass.

Draconic sorcerer. Um... some slightly disturbing biology in the ancestry (I think dragons can take human form but not sure about turning into a pony?) Potential for a really awkward conversation.

Logosloki
2018-04-01, 08:22 PM
Moon druid. One of the wildshapes is a stallion baby!

Honest Tiefling
2018-04-01, 08:29 PM
Moon druid. One of the wildshapes is a stallion baby!

The DM might throw a fit if even the animal NPCs are abusing magic in order to pick up chicks.