PDA

View Full Version : Red Mantis help

ArendK
2018-03-28, 07:19 AM
Dabbling around with a build for a Red Mantis assassin in an upcoming game and could really use some help; Spheres of Might/Spheres of Power are available, as are all Paizo products. The game is gestalt, 10th level. I'd like to use Spheres in some regard, though I have never actively used either system, so it's a bit of a new expedition.

My original plan was to go Vigilante 10 (stalker specialization)/Incanter 10; Finesse and some other stealth/persona related hijinks for the vigilante (the vigilante persona is the armored up Mantis, while his day to to day is his social persona) while pulling darkness related powers from the Incanter with support from the spheres of Life, Illusion, Warp, Time, and a dabbling of Destruction and Enhancement spheres (for the weapons, saves money).

The combat idea is to be able to drop darkness effects (that don't hinder me) while being able to dash around and let the Enhancement-boosted sawtooth sabres (backed up by hidden strike) shred the enemy once combat starts, then using Warp/Illusion to escape.

My problem right now is I cannot get my to-hit up anywhere NEAR where it should be at this level; 7 for the BAB, 4 or 5 for the dex, weapon focus, etc, and +3 magic weapons still is only getting about a small amount for what I think the to-hit should be. Am I being unreasonable in looking for this level of character building, or is there a better way to do blend the concept together? I'm trying to avoid gear suggestions due to the nature of the campaign. I really like the Vigilante dual persona mechanical concept and would rather not abandon it, but if I have to in order to make the build workable, such is life. I saw there was a sphere's of might adjustment for the vigilante; is it worth it?