PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Stat... (Those In Chase, STAY OUT!)

JNAProductions
2018-03-28, 09:49 PM
First off, if you're in my Chase game, DO NOT READ! Got it? Got it. Good.

The Slaughterhouse Nine.

Specifically, looking to stat the following:

Jack Slash
Bonesaw
Shatterbird
Burnscar
Mannequin
Winter
Cherish
Hatchet Face

Also, please spoiler responses for at least a little while, so the players won't know.

Crgaston
2018-03-28, 11:30 PM
I can’t even begin at this hour, but am really looking forward to seeing these!

Blood of Gaea
2018-03-29, 12:36 AM
First thing first, you'll never manage to make a perfect match for these guys with the D&D system. These are my answers to get the correct feel, if not an exact matching set of powers.

Jack Slash:
Swashbuckler Rogue, give him a solid 20 in Cha, and decent Dex. Allow him to act with OOC knowledge about any spellcaster (as opposed to knowledge about Parahumans). Make sure to give him the ability to make melee weapon attacks at range.

Bonesaw:
Hardest to stat, most of her abilities need to be made from the ground up.

She needs:
-Permanent buffs, particularly to Con, this signifies her bio-tinkering of party members.
-The ability to combine the corpses of two humanoids with class levels, the entity gains both of their abilities as a Gestalt character and must follow all orders of Bonesaw.
-Some ability to make a widespread disease.
-The ability to Resurrect.

Looking at that I would probably make her a Cleric with a custom subclass.

Shatterbird:
Let her cast Shatter and Telekinesis at-will, then limit what she can cast it on.

Burnscar:
The Sorcerer class is the best place to start, make a custom subclass that enhances fire attacks and allows teleporting between fire.

Mannequin
Artificier with some refluffing and perhaps a few bells and whistles tossed on.

Winter
One of the easier ones to go about, just give her access to non-damaging debuffs, I'd probably adapt the stat block of one of the NPC casters in the MM.

Cherish
Enchantment Wizard with Silent casting from Sorcerer.

Hatchet Face
Bear Totem Barbarian with a permanent Antimagic Field cast on him.

Some of these guys might be easier to just give a monster stat block.

Tell me what you think of these and perhaps we can get into the actual stating.

Nifft
2018-03-29, 03:45 AM
Do you want these statted as PCs, or as monsters?

EDIT: ... and what's the rough CR on each of them?

JNAProductions
2018-03-29, 10:45 AM
NPCs. They're enemies, not PCs. And even if they were allies, they'd still be statted as NPCs.

As for CR...

I'd aim for 14-18 range. The players are meant to have NO CHANCE against them right now, but they should eventually be surmountable-though probably not all at once.