PDA

View Full Version : Feats for save/BAB progression

Drkman85024
2018-03-29, 01:15 PM
Okay I am hoping that someone can help me. Years ago I found two feats one that affected base attack bonus and one for saves they allowed to increase the progression from one category to a higher one say from poor to average. Does anyone know where I can find those feats.

NerdHut
2018-03-29, 01:26 PM
Both of those sound like homebrew to me. There are feats that affect your total attack bonus and your saves, but I've never heard of one that changes progression.

That said, there are Alternate Class Features and/or Variants that do one or both of those.

Telonius
2018-03-29, 01:29 PM
I don't believe there is a feat that will do that for BAB. The closest I can think of is Epic Prowess (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#epicProwess), which gives you +1 to hit; but this is a bonus to hit, not an increase in BAB. The feat you describe is almost certainly homebrew; if it weren't, every single theoretical discussion about the power of casters versus noncasters would mention it.

There is a magic item that can effectively do that for poor-BAB characters: the Skillful weapon enhancement from Complete Arcane. It sets the BAB to 3/4.

Uncle Pine
2018-03-30, 01:28 AM
Chances are you've probably found them on dandwiki and thought they were actual feats when in fact they're homebrew (and a bad one to boot). Try to avoid using dandwiki as a search engine, as its poorly implemented flagging system can be the source of many headaches.

Thurbane
2018-04-03, 05:09 PM
Well, technically there is a feat that will do it for BAB: Persistent Spell + the Divine Power spell (or Tenser's Transformation).

ottdmk
2018-04-04, 03:33 PM
You would not want to persist Tenser's Transformation, as you lose all spellcasting while it's active...

Mordaedil
2018-04-05, 03:37 AM
I don't believe there is a feat that will do that for BAB. The closest I can think of is Epic Prowess (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#epicProwess), which gives you +1 to hit; but this is a bonus to hit, not an increase in BAB. The feat you describe is almost certainly homebrew; if it weren't, every single theoretical discussion about the power of casters versus noncasters would mention it.

There is a magic item that can effectively do that for poor-BAB characters: the Skillful weapon enhancement from Complete Arcane. It sets the BAB to 3/4.

If I ran an epic level campaign, I would probably make two changes to certain feats and epic prowess is one of them, the other is armor skin.