PDA

View Full Version : Paladin question

Hunterx
2018-03-29, 08:41 PM
Ok here is the question, if you take ranges smite and have the many shot fear since all arrows use the same attack do they all get the bonus damage and to strike. Looking it over many shot says any precision damage will not be applied.

Then on top of that looking at the xeph race and their burst racial ability if you take the racial feat xeph clarity and gain an extra attack for using it could you go like this

Xeph Paladin X
xeph clarity, point blank shot, rapid shot and get
4 ranged attacks all with a -2 at say first level if you take 2 flaws

Kelb_Panthera
2018-03-29, 09:07 PM
One attack, one instance of smite damage.

As for xeph clarity stacking with rapid shot, neither forbids using it with similar options so they should stack just fine. You still have to make a full attack to get any extra attacks unless the thing giving you extras makes an exception.

Hunterx
2018-03-29, 09:15 PM
not sure what you mean by one attack one instance. In manyshot you make 1 attack all arrows do damage that is one attack correct

Endril
2018-03-29, 10:17 PM
The manyshot feat says each arrow does damage normally. The smite ability says a "normal" melee attack, but I believe that's referring to not using other attacks such as disarm. The ranged smite feat says "a missile" for "one use", but I doubt they were thinking of this when they wrote that. It's hard to tell; I don't interpret any of those rules as saying you can or can't. Even if a DM says no, greater manyshot might work.

Hunterx
2018-03-29, 10:38 PM
The manyshot feat says each arrow does damage normally. The smite ability says a "normal" melee attack, but I believe that's referring to not using other attacks such as disarm. The ranged smite feat says "a missile" for "one use", but I doubt they were thinking of this when they wrote that. It's hard to tell; I don't interpret any of those rules as saying you can or can't. Even if a DM says no, greater manyshot might work.

Yeah I was thinking of that too but if I do nto have to waist a feat I will not,

But then my brain went into over drive and thinking of some other feats and a few builds that if they work the way I think they do would be epic in a good way just a level 1 without a huge cheese factory.

But I need to know exactly how rapid shot works. I understand that you get an extra attack at your highest attack with a ranged attack that is clear and you take a -2 on all attacks no issue there. but what happens if you get something like this.

Level 1 Barbarian: Whirling frenzy ACF: take 5x your Barbarian level in damage get an extra attack that lasts for 1 full round, now can you get your rapid shot on your extra attack? and then if you are a xeph with the xeph clarity feat spend a racial skill burst to get an extra attack. that makes

with Dex 18 (+4) that would be +1Base/+1rapid +1Whirling/+1rapid +1 xeph clarity/+1 rapid shot as all the attacks get a -4 to them, 2 from rapid shot and 2 from frenzy

or would it be +1base/+1rapid/+1frenzy/+1clarity

if it is this version then it is nothing more then crap

but Clarity says you can expend 1 or more so if you can go
+1base/+1rapid/+1clarity/+1frenzy/+1clarity then this is ok and if haste is added to this it becomes very silly indeed

but you ask how are you going to hit anything with this well there is a 3 very powerful feats that are needed for sure. Psicic shot, fell shot and, Psionic Meditation this makes all my ranged attacks resolved as touch attacks for a full attack action and I can refocus as a move action
so that is a very powerful combo I think

BowStreetRunner
2018-03-29, 10:41 PM
not sure what you mean by one attack one instance. In manyshot you make 1 attack all arrows do damage that is one attack correct

You would be able to apply the smite damage to a manyshot attack, but the damage would only apply once. It wouldn't multiply over each arrow.