PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my setting.

Pizzacatspreme
2018-03-30, 01:04 AM
Hi I was wondering if I could get some help with my setting. It’s a two player campaign. My main inspirations are the tempest and berserk.

I’ll keep names the same as inspiration for people that know the material.

The setting is, you are the children of the famed magician perspero, since time before you can remember you have lived on island paradise with your sibling and father. The monster caliban your fathers servant, watches after you and provides you tour schooling and minimal care, you barley ever see your father.

One night your father goes missing for some reason and your supposed to go look for him in the forest eventually coming along a temple you’ve never come across before full of wind based Zelda like puzzles if I can come up with any! Upon beating the boss and receiving a special item and leaving the temple you spot a dingy by the shore with caliban screaming at you to get on, the island is being torn apart and he horizon has been swallowed by darkness. Get on the dingy sail right through the void and be really close to the shore.

The end was supposed to be kingdom hearts esque and their is supposed to be a scene where you go to your father study that’s I wanted to have an awakening type puzzle (give up shield/sword/rod take up sheild/sword/rod)

After this we have maybe one or two adventures solo and we have them meet up with a band of mercenaries or a knight party at level 2 probably. From here it takes on go one mission with the party while finding out that your uncle a powerful warlock had your father exiled. Basically for combat purposes they will have 2 companions at all times. The kicker is that I had them make these character names race personality, they will level them up and give them feat, and around level 10 when they confront their uncle something will go awry and caliban will activate the behlit starting the eclipse and summoning the godhand becoming an “angel” killing the entire raider party save the PCs and unleashing fantastical monsters into theworld.

I have a little more late game concepts and sparse world building. Any criticism or concepts directs really anything at all would be appreciated in helping me flesh this out.