PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next What rarity would these be?

tmjr6
2018-03-30, 01:47 PM
Hello,

I have a pyromancer in my game and I wanted to give him these items throughout the campaign and I was wondering what rarity these two items would be?

Hellfire Gloves
Wondrous Item (Requires attunement by a spellcaster)

These charred, ashen gloves, bear the faint smell of brimstone. While wearing these gloves you can treat a creature with fire immunity as if it had resistance. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls of your spells that deal fire damage.

Robes of the Lavamancer
Wondrous Item (Requires attunement by a spellcaster)

This crimson red robe is embroidered with an erupting volacano motif along the mantle. You gain these benefits while the robe:

Creatures have disadvantage on saving throws against against spells you cast that deal fire damage.
You have resistance to fire damage, if you already have resistance you instead have immunity.
You ignore difficult terrain created by fire or lava.
You can tolerate temperatures as high as 1500 degrees Fahrenheit without any additional protection.

Guyviroth
2018-04-02, 09:15 AM
I think both would be of Very Rare quality, with the robes perhaps touching the edge of Legendary.

PhoenixPhyre
2018-04-02, 09:32 AM
I think both would be of Very Rare quality, with the robes perhaps touching the edge of Legendary.

I concur. Each gives the effect of a couple items of lower rarity while only taking up one attunement slot.