PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Modern and Spheres of Power

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-03-30, 07:40 PM
Having not played Modern before but knowing it’s got a more “a la carte” character building system, I’m wondering how compatible it is with Spheres of Power/Might?

Ashtagon
2018-03-31, 04:43 AM
Having not played Modern before but knowing it’s got a more “a la carte” character building system, I’m wondering how compatible it is with Spheres of Power/Might?

I'm not aware of a Pathfinder Modern. Did you mean WotC's d20 Modern, or perhaps Starfinder (their SF setting)?

I'd take a guess that d20 Modern is not really compatible with Spheres of xxxx, as the power levels involved are very different.

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-03-31, 10:51 AM
I'm not aware of a Pathfinder Modern. Did you mean WotC's d20 Modern, or perhaps Starfinder (their SF setting)?

I'd take a guess that d20 Modern is not really compatible with Spheres of xxxx, as the power levels involved are very different.

I meant this "Modern Path (http://www.d20modernpf.com/)" adaptation of d20 Modern to Pathfinder, though until I went back to get that link I hadn't realized it was a 3rd party thing, greatly reducing the chances that anyone's played it.
So if you know more about d20 Modern since Starfinder already has a Spheres conversion guide. Why do you say the power levels are different?

Ashtagon
2018-03-31, 12:02 PM
Aside from no spells available until 4th level at the earliest, and no spells higher than 5th level in any event, and no caster level higher than 10th (before feats and feat-like effects)?

There's also the massive damage save rule, which makes almost any character droppable with a single die roll if an attack gets a lucky roll.

Blackhawk748
2018-03-31, 12:49 PM
Aside from no spells available until 4th level at the earliest, and no spells higher than 5th level in any event, and no caster level higher than 10th (before feats and feat-like effects)?

There's also the massive damage save rule, which makes almost any character droppable with a single die roll if an attack gets a lucky roll.

Ya but Spheres should be ok with that as Sphere Casters are definitely weaker than their Vancian counterparts. Honestly it's up to your group really