PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Building a specific type of Warlock using the rewrite.

Kamlyn
2018-03-30, 07:54 PM
Greetings everyone. As a player with minor D&D system mastery I've come to you fine fellows in search of assistance and advice with optimizing a specific build. I'm trying to build a level 6 Gestalt character in Pathfinder using:

the Warlock rewrite (giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?226021-The-Warlock-a-massive-rewrite-3-5-Base-Class-WIP).

and Evolutionist (giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?240717-The-better-man-There-is-no-such-thing-base-class).

Simply because of it's strengths I've also taken 1 level of Shadow Creature (minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=7156.0).

The idea is to build a "Fearlock" (A Warlock who specializes in using Frightful Blast). This is What I have so far that is pertinent to the build.

Lineage: Infernal (At level 6 the Warlock gains verbal/telepathic Suggestion. In most cases it being "Run or "Flee").
Trait: Fiery Glare (Can take 10 on Intimidate checks, even during combat).
Trait: Bloody Mind (+1 Trait Bonus to Intimidate and Initiative).
Feat: Signature Skill - Intimidate (Chance of Intimidate Skill causing frighten).
Feat: Supernatural Transformation (Eldritch Spear, Frightful Blast now overcomes SR).
Least Essence: Frightful Blast (Causes Shaken Condition).

Evo Mutation at 4: Frightful Presence (Will Save frightened within 60ft on Eldritch Blast).

There are other feats, essences, etc... that I intend to take which are not listed here because they are not pertinent to the build. Because of 'fluff' there is only one rule; the Warlock rewrite is a required class. Homebrew, for the most part, is a go. (I suppose you could also try to convince me away from Warlock).

Thanks in Advance Everybody!
(First post so I can't Embed links yet).