PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make a magical weapon 3.5

Beefinator2000
2018-03-30, 08:31 PM
Hey guys!

I'm very new to this and need some help making a magical weapon for a friend. I'm a level 12 artificer and have not made any custom magical items only ones which are in the generic books.

What I was hoping to make was a sword which can make clones of the user. So let's say you role 1/3 of the dmg in D3 and that's how many clones you get. It'll have like a '3 times per day' thing going on.

I'll need the formula for the creation of it and if anyone can help it'll be amazing!

Rebel7284
2018-03-30, 08:58 PM
For anything not directly in the books, you have to ask your DM if you can make it and how much it would cost. No one on the internet can do this. With that said, what exactly do you mean by "clones." Your description makes me think it's more like Mirror Image and less like Clone. Arcane Duelist 3.0 class has something similar as a capstone.

Remuko
2018-03-30, 09:26 PM
Hey guys!

I'm very new to this and need some help making a magical weapon for a friend. I'm a level 12 artificer and have not made any custom magical items only ones which are in the generic books.

What I was hoping to make was a sword which can make clones of the user. So let's say you role 1/3 of the dmg in D3 and that's how many clones you get. It'll have like a '3 times per day' thing going on.

I'll need the formula for the creation of it and if anyone can help it'll be amazing!

Formulas only exist for adding spell effects or other pre-existing effects to items. what youre talking about is a super custom magic item that sounds like it has artifact level power. i dont think something that powerful can be made and has no price cost in gold pieces.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-03-30, 11:55 PM
I can give you something close.

The closest thing I can think of without being absurdly overpriced is to enhance the weapon such that it can produce the effect of body outside body (wu-jen 7) once per day on command.

That would be (spell level X minimum caster level X constant for command word) / 5.

Which is (7 X 13 X 1800) / 5 = 32,760gp for the effect's base price.

For crafting, we then half that (16,380gp) and add 1/25 of the base price in xp (655xp).

This, of course, requires craft wondrous item rather than craft magical arms and armour.

The details of the spell body outside body are in complete arcane but the general gist of it is that you make several copies of yourself (with mundane copies of your magical gear) that fight alongside you.

Of course, this is entirely subject to your DM's permission.

That help at all?

Beefinator2000
2018-03-31, 03:38 AM
Hello all and thank you for the support! Sorry for such a confusing and strange item but it was just a funny idea me and my friend have.

I'll try your idea out for the one which clones yourself with mundane items, see if it flys with the DM

Thanks again!