PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Forgotten Realms Elves & Artificer?

Citadel97501
2018-03-31, 03:18 AM
Hello all, I was just wondering which elf sub-race you think works best for the different types of Artificer (Eberron not UA). I am going to be playing in an adventuring group designed around all of us being Elves, I decided on Artificer, and the other two players are an Elven Cleric of Mystra (Yes I know its weird), and an Elven Warblade.

Thank you all for the help.

Eldariel
2018-03-31, 03:30 AM
Hello all, I was just wondering which elf sub-race you think works best for the different types of Artificer (Eberron not UA). I am going to be playing in an adventuring group designed around all of us being Elves, I decided on Artificer, and the other two players are an Elven Cleric of Mystra (Yes I know its weird), and an Elven Warblade.

Thank you all for the help.

Well, they use Int as their main "casting" stat with secondary Cha dependency so simple core Gray Elf or FR Sun Elf (+2 Int, -2 Con) are the most natural. If only FR races are allowed, Sun Elf 100%. Star Elf [Unapproachable East] is +2 Cha, -2 Con but I'd pick Sun Elf over Star Elf every time as an artificer; Cha is only for the UMD check, which you have plenty of tools to buff anyways. All the subraces that don't lose Con (such as Wild Elf) lose mentals instead so those are a no-go. There's no Wis-penalty Elf either.

Seharvepernfan
2018-03-31, 02:58 PM
Yep, sun elves. They're considered the greatest artisans of the elves.

Afgncaap5
2018-03-31, 03:08 PM
Ooh, this campaign sounds fun. I've always been intrigued by Eberron's elves; we don't get a huge amount of info about Aerenal, and the elves of Valenar and the general "city elves" that live with the humans are noted but there isn't much to say there (presumably because they live more or less like humans, or more or less like elves, with a lot of gradients in the middle.)

And the cleric of Mystra sounds fun to me, actually. Reportedly there's a lot of different faiths in Eberron that just get "approximated" to the Sovereigns, so full on using another deity sounds nice. Nothin' against the sovereigns, of course, I just get tired of the same fourteen deities for everything. :-P