PDA

View Full Version : best archery feats

de-trick
2007-08-31, 02:54 PM
I have a question that is running off a previous thread, and I want to know what archery feats to take first two for sure are point blank shot and precise shot, the character in question is a human rogue ranger 2nd level, what other feats should I take, I may put level in fighter for bonus feats if needed

1) point blank
2)precise shot

dyslexicfaser
2007-08-31, 02:59 PM
Far Shot's not a bad investment if you want some more distance between you and pointy bits of steel, and as you gain levels in ranger, you get the Rapid Shot line... Many shot, maybe?

That's about it, unless you want to go the mounted archery route.

Telonius
2007-08-31, 02:59 PM
Deadeye Shot from PHB2.

AlterForm
2007-08-31, 04:43 PM
If you wind up with lots Sneak Attack dice, Greater Manyshot (XPH, SRD) can be handy, letting you apply your precision damage more than once per manyshot.

Some people I've talked to don't think it works, but I (and plenty others I've talked to who do think it works) like the Fell Shot + Manyshot + lots o' damage (Composite +X Longbow +5 of Flaming, Frosting, Shocking, and Collision) combo. :smallbiggrin:

Amiria
2007-08-31, 04:45 PM
Woodland Archer [Tactical] from RoW.

Stam
2007-08-31, 04:47 PM
Improved Rapid Shot + Splitting weapon enhancement + Haste effect = 12 or more arrows in the air in a single round. Six of them at your full BAB.