PDA

View Full Version : Plague Doctor (Pathfinder only plz)

ThatBoostedNoob
2018-04-01, 01:10 AM
OK guys. I'm hoping to create a character that uses disease to kill his opponents. To repeat, pathfinder only (3pp allowed).My initial idea is to make a plague mystery oracle. I'm not set on this idea, if there are any class ideas then I'm all ears. Feats, items , race and other additional info will be apreciated. I'm aware that disease is even worse than poison. This is one reason I chose a caster class..... magic makes everything better. Thanks for the help guys.

JustIgnoreMe
2018-04-01, 01:19 AM
You're asking in the wrong forum for Pathfinder: you need the 3.5/D20 forum.

You can report your own post to have a moderator move it.

LibraryOgre
2018-04-02, 10:46 AM
You're asking in the wrong forum for Pathfinder: you need the 3.5/D20 forum.

You can report your own post to have a moderator move it.

The Mod Wonder: Or, just wait until Monday.

Geddy2112
2018-04-02, 11:39 AM
Even with magic, disease is outright useless in combat. You can mimic a lot of the features of disease with spells and similar things that cause sickened, nauseated, curses, and higher level spells like fleshworm infestation.

Out of combat, diseases can destroy cities(if your DM and game allow for that kind of thing). I strongly suggest 3 levels in antipaladin, which makes you immune to the effects of disease, but you still become a latent carrier. This way, you can infect yourself with every disease ever(choose to forgo the saving throw against contagion and such that you cast on yourself) and simply infect yourself with everything possible. Since you don't show symptoms or signs, you can wander about town and wreck havoc. Spit in food/water, touch everything, and simply be in close proximity to spread airborne disease. Hit up the brothel to grab STD's and infect everyone and everything. Being charisma based, it will stack nicely on oracle.

For your oracle curse, you want plagued, which will increase the DC of diseases you create and give you some nice immunities. It makes you a passive carrier at level 15, but the antipaladin dip comes online much sooner. It makes you slightly more prone to catching disease, but you will generally want to.

Another cool class for disease is the ratfolk plague bringer alchemist. Alchemists in general are decent disease spreaders, but the plague bringer has a disease focused mechanic that replaces mutagen.

You will want to worship Urgathoa, the deity of plagues. Any priest of urgathoa that casts remove disease may draw it into themselves, and become passive carriers. She also gives expanded disease related spells to sorcerers and necromancy wizards. Her deific obedience increases the caster level of necromancy spells(all disease spells are) by 1 as well.

Mehangel
2018-04-02, 12:09 PM
If spheres of power is allowed, perhaps play a Pharmakon (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/pharmakon) (Soul Weaver archetype), at 2nd level it gains an iatrogen, chosen from a list. The iatrogen I would suggest is Sepsis (which allows you to spend channel energy uses to inflict disease).