PDA

View Full Version : Who wins in a fight?

CTurbo
2018-04-01, 06:24 PM
5 War Clerics vs 5 Life Clerics?

Discuss lol

Arvin Natsuko
2018-04-01, 06:39 PM
The one who wins initiative.

Asmotherion
2018-04-01, 06:50 PM
War clerics.

Life clerics will be more focused on Healing, and use up more spell slots on it, wile will make efforts not to kill the opponent.

War clerics will stratigically heal only when nececery, and will use spell slots the same way.

Overall, ideology (RP) wise, War clerics are more fit for a group fight. Ability wise, very little of their abilities is diferent, so I base my verdict more on an RP thesis (Literal War warshipers and good Strategists vs Pacifists) than anything else.

CTurbo
2018-04-01, 07:14 PM
I think at low levels the War Clerics take it easily with their ability to deal so much more melee damage. Not so sure at higher levels considering how well the Life's can heal each other.

Snowbluff
2018-04-01, 08:05 PM
Life Clerics. All Clerics get Spiritual Weapon, which murder ****s War Cleric's bonus action attack. Also, when given the option to heal, the Life Clerics will be better off.

damascoplay
2018-04-01, 08:06 PM
I find this to be a really vague question.

First of, how much HP both of them have? Does any of the clerics have magical items? What about the stats, the bonus to hit,and the AC? What are the terms for this fight?

It's hard to answer with no information. But If I had to pick anyway, I would go with whoever pops out more damage, or is really lucky with the dice rolls.

CTurbo
2018-04-01, 08:25 PM
I know it's a vague question. I was assuming that stats and equipment were relatively equal. Of course the War Clerics will have better weapons.

Snowbluff
2018-04-01, 09:21 PM
They'd be built the same way. The two subclasses are different enough to be built or played any different.

Angelalex242
2018-04-01, 09:25 PM
They'd be built the same way. The two subclasses are different enough to be built or played any different.

War clerics have heavy armor and big weapons. Life clerics have medium armor and not as big weapons.

Conclusion: Life clerics win initiative cause their medium armor still needs a dex score.

Life Clerics win.

Jamesps
2018-04-01, 09:51 PM
War clerics have heavy armor and big weapons. Life clerics have medium armor and not as big weapons.

Conclusion: Life clerics win initiative cause their medium armor still needs a dex score.

Life Clerics win.

Life clerics get heavy armor proficiency.

JackPhoenix
2018-04-01, 09:53 PM

Life Clerics win.

Life clerics have heavy armor too.

War cleric's damage advantage isn't that big, and life's improved heals offset it. Disciple of Life and Blessed Healer gives them more bang for their buck on spell slots used to heal themselves. War clerics would have to focus fire, trying to kill them one at a time... and they have to finish them, not just knock them unconscious, otherwise they'll get back on their feet... and life clerics would win attrition war.

Angelalex242
2018-04-01, 10:12 PM
Life clerics have heavy armor too.

War cleric's damage advantage isn't that big, and life's improved heals offset it. Disciple of Life and Blessed Healer gives them more bang for their buck on spell slots used to heal themselves. War clerics would have to focus fire, trying to kill them one at a time... and they have to finish them, not just knock them unconscious, otherwise they'll get back on their feet... and life clerics would win attrition war.

Forgot about that.

Well, figure everyone's in Full plate then with equally dumped dex and int scores. And possibly dumped charisma.

This war is not won by melee attacks. It's all about the spells.

They have the same feats, no advantage there...

Life Clerics should outlast war clerics.

strangebloke
2018-04-01, 10:52 PM
Comes down to RNG, honestly. One guy goes down to a hold person he's probably just dead.

Light cleric destroys both of them.

CTurbo
2018-04-01, 11:21 PM
War Clerics get full weapon proficiency so they could all be wielding Mauls with an 18 AC or numerous 1d8 weapons and a 20 AC. Life Clerics are limited to 1d6 weapons with a 20 AC or a 1d8 weapon with 18 AC. War Clerics get several bonus attacks each. This is not "nothing"

I think it'd be an interesting fight for sure.

In DnD, offense usually beats defense. I think a group of Life Clerics would be REALLY hard to put down though lol

sophontteks
2018-04-01, 11:50 PM

In DnD, offense usually beats defense. I think a group of Life Clerics would be REALLY hard to put down though lol

-OR-

The least interesting fight ever.

I expect them to get tuckered out whacking each other with their various sticks and they then get eaten by wolves in their sleep. Either that or their patron gods get sick of it and stop answering their calls.

Angelalex242
2018-04-02, 02:06 AM
War Clerics get full weapon proficiency so they could all be wielding Mauls with an 18 AC or numerous 1d8 weapons and a 20 AC. Life Clerics are limited to 1d6 weapons with a 20 AC or a 1d8 weapon with 18 AC. War Clerics get several bonus attacks each. This is not "nothing"

I think it boils down to the life clerics mainly using Hold Person. And the War Clerics aren't con save proficient...

Snowbluff
2018-04-02, 06:27 AM

War cleric's bonus attack is LITERALLY nothing. All clerics get spiritual weapon as a bonus action attack.

strangebloke
2018-04-02, 08:56 AM
War cleric's bonus attack is LITERALLY nothing. All clerics get spiritual weapon as a bonus action attack.

In PvP.

Otherwise it's a free second level spell.

Specter
2018-04-02, 03:12 PM
If a War Cleric casts Crusader's Mantle, the others can longbow the hell out of the opposition for 1d8+1d4+DEX. Assuming 16DEX, that's 10avg for each hit, times 8. With that damage potential, I think they have an edge. Obviously this is far from a perfect solution.