PDA

View Full Version : Tombs of Annihilation Characters!

SMac8988
2018-04-01, 09:31 PM
Hello fellow forum lurkers and posters alike. Hope everyone is having a good day.

I was wondering if some of the fine people of the play ground would like to give me a hand with a small task.

My group of friends is prepping to start Tombs of Annihilation and we are prepping out 3 to 5 characters each, our dm has said it can be a meat grinder and we have several newer players.

We planned to stream this game and I felt it could be fun to get perspective viewers suggestions on classes, races and backgrounds. Mainly I'm wondering if anyone has and fun suggestions for something they would like to see played out for the campaign and see how long it survives?

I know little to nothing about the module, and would appriciate no spoilers please.

But ya please leave me some suggestions!

Merudo
2018-04-02, 04:02 AM
I heard there is a lot of poison in the adventure, so any race with poison resistance or immunity is great. Consider playing a Dwarf, Yuan-Ti Pureblood, or Stout Halfling.

SMac8988
2018-04-02, 06:05 AM
I think yuan ti would be banned, just because they are kinda over powered.

But dwarf and halfling can totally be a thing. Now for class? Any class you want to see with those races? And background your interest in?

My idea is to give a shout out to the forum and it members during the stream for these builds.

Grear Bylls
2018-04-02, 07:19 AM
I would highly suggest potentially brining the grung race. They released a PDF that you have to buy to get it, but if you look at the surrogates for AL characters, you can see the abilities. The ASI is +2 Drx +1 Con. They are quite fun as rogues, because of climb and poison. Might I suggest to your DM giving them spider climb, like a tree frog? Allows them to be pretty epic.

SMac8988
2018-04-02, 07:51 AM
I would highly suggest potentially brining the grung race. They released a PDF that you have to buy to get it, but if you look at the surrogates for AL characters, you can see the abilities. The ASI is +2 Drx +1 Con. They are quite fun as rogues, because of climb and poison. Might I suggest to your DM giving them spider climb, like a tree frog? Allows them to be pretty epic.

I'd have to ask him. I love rogues so I think that could be a lot of fun! I want to play a thief and show how good the really are to people who keep pooping on them.