PDA

View Full Version : Help finding an Obscure Spell

Aresneo
2018-04-02, 12:31 AM
I've been having trouble find a spell again and was wondering if anyone could remember the name of it.

A few years ago someone on this board mentioned a spell that was similar to Elminister's Effulgent Eruption, creating spheres of light that would absorb spells that targeted you, but it was only level 3 or 4 and only affected spells of 3rd level or lower. Additionally you could use an action to direct the spheres against someone else to dispel magic on them.

A google search turns up nothing, anyone have any idea what the name of the spell was and the book its from?

Bohandas
2018-04-02, 01:13 AM
was it official or a homebrew from this site? I've got a document with a comprehensive list of official and semi-official* spells I can check. Also what school and class?

*ie things like the 3rd party Dragonlance books and Call of Cthulhu D20

Goaty14
2018-04-02, 08:16 AM
A google search turns up nothing, anyone have any idea what the name of the spell was and the book its from?

???

I literally typed in "Elminister's Effulgent Eruption" and a certain website told me it's in Magic of Faerun, Sor/Wiz 9.

Darrin
2018-04-02, 08:25 AM
I literally typed in "Elminister's Effulgent Eruption" and a certain website told me it's in Magic of Faerun, Sor/Wiz 9.

That's not what the OP is looking for. He's looking for a similar spell, but at a much lower level.

Could it be Simbul's spell matrix? That is also in Magic of Faerun p. 118. Some tweaked versions of the Simbul's spells wound up in the Spell Compendium.

Aresneo
2018-04-02, 10:13 AM
pretty sure you mean dweomer vortex

Thank you, it was indeed Dweomer Vortex.