PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [3.5] Help a poor, starving newbie Artificer out

Luccan
2018-04-02, 02:09 AM
So, I'm playing my first Artificer, starting at level 3. My DM has allowed me to act as if I've used Craft Reserve for magic items I can craft for levels 1 and 2 (so I don't waste them). I'm looking to play a support/utility role in the early levels (though Constructs are my ultimate goal). How should I spend my craft reserve for levels 1 and 2, considering I can only spend it on Scrolls for level 1 and then Potions or Scrolls at level 2? I have the Legendary and Extraordinary Artisan feats to reduce XP/GP costs and 946 gold left to spend.

Malroth
2018-04-02, 02:24 AM
Spend the craft reserve on utility scrolls. Grease, Color spray, glitterdust, invisibility, Silence, bless, Delay poison, Speak with animal, spider climb, benign transposition, Haste (from the trapsmith list). Basicly any lv 1-3 spell from any list that don't have a save and are still good at their lowest caster level. Be the out of combat problem solver guy and during combat plink at things with a crossbow, you should have enough utility to avoid damage if you work together with your team and get yourself to the point where you can either make weapons of awsomeness to make yourself an effective combatant. or you can craft wands to act like a proper spellslinger.

Falontani
2018-04-02, 08:24 AM
Mage armor and shield scrolls never hurt.
Power word pain scrolls always hurt. Scrolls of lesser vigor allow limited healing. If your good look into exalted scrolls, and if your evil vile scrolls. Also do look at the trapsmith list. I believe they have wall of stone at a terribly low level. And artificers have the line that allows them to craft things two levels early with two fewer caster level.