PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gunslinger summoner

Amdy_vill
2018-04-02, 06:52 AM
so i am playing a Synthesist summoner mysterious s. gunslinger how would i get to use my guns the most.

Calthropstu
2018-04-02, 09:26 AM
By... using them?

Amdy_vill
2018-04-02, 10:37 AM
let me clarify. I am looking for tips and tricks like ways to get more attacks or removing downsides to offhand weapons use.

Geddy2112
2018-04-02, 11:29 AM
let me clarify. I am looking for tips and tricks like ways to get more attacks or removing downsides to offhand weapons use.

Two weapon fighting tree, weapon focus(gun of choice), and rapid reload should do the trick. You will need a way to reload with your hands full, which if you go syntheist summoner you can just grow spare arms to reload and use extra guns. Other options are 2 levels in juggler bard, a tail race(tiefling, vanaran), or the gun twirling feat.

grarrrg
2018-04-02, 12:36 PM
Two weapon fighting tree, weapon focus(gun of choice), and rapid reload should do the trick. You will need a way to reload with your hands full, which if you go syntheist summoner you can just grow spare arms to reload and use extra guns. Other options are 2 levels in juggler bard, a tail race(tiefling, vanaran), or the gun twirling feat.

If Synthesist then just grow extra arms. You only need one free hand to reload every weapon. Just don't forget Rapid Reload and Cartridges.

TWF changes to Multi-weapon fighting when you have more than two arms, and it stops being a 'tree'. The loss of extra iteratives shouldn't be a problem, as you'll have plenty of attacks at your full Bab.

Accuracy/penalties generally aren't a problem so long as you keep targets in the touch range of your guns.

For damage output, more arms is generally better than more DEX. But getting/maintaining that many guns can get expensive. Quantity vs. quality

Amdy_vill
2018-04-03, 08:03 AM
if i hand 3 offhand weapons would i get an extra attack for each of them or just one

grarrrg
2018-04-03, 11:43 AM
if i hand 3 offhand weapons would i get an extra attack for each of them or just one

Per the other thread, you always get 1 attack per extra arm. But ONLY 1 attack per extra arm.
You will want the Multi-weapon Fighting feat to reduce the massive penalties down to reasonable levels.
Guns are NOT light weapons, so you still get a -4 to-hit. But since your attacks hit Touch AC, and you can crazy boost your DEX, this isn't much of a problem.