PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to steal power or SLAs from a contained demon for ex: a Klurichr?

Zephonim
2018-04-02, 03:42 PM
Party is level 11.

Level 11 Cleric/Nosomatic CHiurgeon Can only cast 5th level spells.

Level 11 Psion Thrallherd

Level 11 Druid Verminlord can cast 5th level spells

The thrallherd managed to mind control a klurichr we accidentally created after reviving the inert statue of baphomet that was literally baphomets host body that the verminlord had turned to stone. We have 9 days to do with it whatever we god damn please before our overlord makes us kill it.

I've already cut off it's pincers, wings, and it's entire mouth belly for grafting. GM is rather open to experimentation and with a major heal check i actually learned how to graft it's mouth stomach to my stomach. Now we have the thing trapped in a magic circle against chaos, an unhallow with dimensional anchor as well. Also i put the thing into hibernation(frostburn spell). GM has stated we can make it fail saves since it is mind contolled so anything with saves involved is easily doable.

Venger
2018-04-02, 03:52 PM
While none of your party can do this directly, you might ask your gm (since it sounds like he's pretty permissive and open to experimentation) if you could use the "hiring spellcasters" rules and treat it as the level of spell-like ability you're attempting to steal. Either a spellthief or an ur-priest has the power to do this.

Zephonim
2018-04-02, 04:11 PM
While none of your party can do this directly, you might ask your gm (since it sounds like he's pretty permissive and open to experimentation) if you could use the "hiring spellcasters" rules and treat it as the level of spell-like ability you're attempting to steal. Either a spellthief or an ur-priest has the power to do this.

We... uh had an ur-priest.

Had... The Ur-Priest attempted to siphon off Baphomet's power when he was just a statue. Baphomet took that moment to take control of his body. Which is why we had a statue of baphomet we THOUGHT was inert until it turned into a Klurichr. Baphomet had to flee though because he was on fire his flesh sloughed off due to a disease that burns away daemonic taint i infected him with

But yeah we are a small "country" that broke off from a major empire and don't have too much magical power beyond some of the overlords leuitenants and ourselves

Eldariel
2018-04-03, 12:04 PM
There's the Ability Rip spell in Serpent Kingdoms for stealing any possible Su abilities it might have but stealing SLAs it doesn't do. And it's Wizard 7 so getting access to it at this juncture would be tricky. Illithid Savant from Savage Species could of course make great use of this but I doubt any of you want to go down that path as it's quite ridiculous (and entering Illithid Savant as a PC takes a few hoops anyways). You could homebrew up a Savage Species-style ritual to assume its powers. Other than that, you can always take its body with Magic Jar/True Mind Switch but those would of course not let you use its SLAs by default. You'd be down to spell research on a way to "reactivate" them.