PDA

View Full Version : Hazirawn

Angelalex242
2018-04-02, 07:00 PM
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Hazirawn

Exactly what sort of personality, and stats, should this weapon have?

Hoard of the Dragon Queen doesn't detail this sword or what it wants.

Currently, it's in the hands of my (very Lawful Good) Paladin, who's just straight up overwhelming the poor sword with his massive charisma and especially massive charisma saving throw mod.

The Int/Wis/Cha of the sword are unlisted.

I mean, we could set the sword to be anything from 20s across the board to try to challenge the Paladin, or not that much because nobody cares as the sword can't overcome my charisma save regardless.

So this evil sword that couldn't possibly want what he wants is basically subdued, but...

JackPhoenix
2018-04-02, 07:50 PM
Hazirawn contains the soul of Netherese general. You may learn more about him (and how it was made) in AL module Window to the Past (DDAL00-01). While it doesn't really go into his personality, it mentions his history while he was still alive, which may help somewhat.

Snowbluff
2018-04-02, 08:13 PM
I've played games with this word. It's on page 94 on HotDQ.

Basically, it's a magic greatsword that does +1d6 necrotic damage on hit.

When you are attuned, and it's not withholding powers, it gains another +1d6 necrotic and some spells.

However, it has a passionate hate of arcane casters, far more than any other motivation. If you don't try to kill arcane casters, it will withold its Atunement powers while they are in your sight. That's it really as far as motivation goes. It just got screwed by some casters and wants to take it out on all of them.

Angelalex242
2018-04-02, 09:19 PM
I've played games with this word. It's on page 94 on HotDQ.

Basically, it's a magic greatsword that does +1d6 necrotic damage on hit.

When you are attuned, and it's not withholding powers, it gains another +1d6 necrotic and some spells.

However, it has a passionate hate of arcane casters, far more than any other motivation. If you don't try to kill arcane casters, it will withold its Atunement powers while they are in your sight. That's it really as far as motivation goes. It just got screwed by some casters and wants to take it out on all of them.

Well, the party has a fiendlock in it, but I suppose that's not enough of an Arcane Caster for it to care. Otherwise, it basically wants to kill all sorcerers and wizards?

Being as we're in rise of Tiamat, it isn't finding many to kill.

Snowbluff
2018-04-02, 10:15 PM
Well, the party has a fiendlock in it, but I suppose that's not enough of an Arcane Caster for it to care. Otherwise, it basically wants to kill all sorcerers and wizards?

Being as we're in rise of Tiamat, it isn't finding many to kill.

Well, in that case things are going swell, aren't they? :smalltongue:
Maybe it's time to count dragons as arcane casters or introduce some as enemies or NPCs.

Angelalex242
2018-04-02, 10:23 PM
Well, in that case things are going swell, aren't they? :smalltongue:
Maybe it's time to count dragons as arcane casters or introduce some as enemies or NPCs.

Seeing as it was working with Rezmir, speaker of the Black, it couldn't possibly have a problem with Dragons. It was fine and dandy with the Dragon Cult...

Although logically, it should be hating on the Red Wizard of Thay hardcore. Like Rath Modar. If we hadn't killed Rezmir and taken the sword, it should be trying to kill all the Cult Red Wizards dead.