PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Girallon's Blessing and Natural Weapons

RoboEmperor
2018-04-02, 09:32 PM
----------

EndocrineBandit
2018-04-03, 12:28 AM
I haven't seen the faq, but the most recent printing of the spell specifically states the target gains a pair of arms and gains four claw attacks.

"
The creature gains four claw attacks, each using its base attack bonus + its Str modifier for attack rolls." That's direct quoting from the spell compendium.

It implies that you get four extra claw attacks so if you already have claws or bites as a full attack routine then you get those in addition to the four claw attacks from the spell.

Gullintanni
2018-04-03, 06:26 AM
I haven't seen the faq, but the most recent printing of the spell specifically states the target gains a pair of arms and gains four claw attacks.

"
The creature gains four claw attacks, each using its base attack bonus + its Str modifier for attack rolls." That's direct quoting from the spell compendium.

It implies that you get four extra claw attacks so if you already have claws or bites as a full attack routine then you get those in addition to the four claw attacks from the spell.

I suppose the RAI being that the target of the spell goes from two arms to four arms and each arm gains claws?

The editors forgot to allow for creatures with no arms or existing claws?

gogogome
2018-04-03, 07:25 AM
The best way to interpret the spell is that the 2 new arms grant 4 claw attacks. All previous arms gaining claws is just fluff.

emeraldstreak
2018-04-04, 09:33 AM
It's a widely known spell, but its RAW is what it is.