PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Vampire Hunter Class

legomaster00156
2018-04-03, 08:42 PM
So, apparently a Paizo-official base class came out of nowhere, called the Vampire Hunter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vampire-hunter/). If we ignore its obvious hyper-focus on fighting one specific and rare kind of enemy, how does it compare to other classes? How does it compare against vampires specifically? Better than a Paladin or undead-focused Ranger?

grarrrg
2018-04-03, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't call it 'hyper-focused on vampires'. Most of the abilities are general use, a fair number are Undead-specific, and only a couple require actual Vampires. "Power level-wise" you could ignore the "vampire only" abilities completely and not really notice the loss. Granted the anti-vampire powers are quite handy against vampires, but they don't eat that much into the class's 'power budget'.

Compares most similarly to a Ranger archetype with an undead focus. Same/similar HP/Bab/Skills/Saves/Spells.
More bonus feats than a Ranger, less than a Fighter, but more options than either.
Slightly more MAD than a Ranger, as the HD is a notch less, and a couple abilities run off of CHA, although it does have an in-class Enhancement option to make up for it.

It pretty much comes across as a slightly more in-depth Ranger archetype.

stack
2018-04-03, 10:10 PM
Had to check the copyright info

"Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: The World of Vampire Hunter D © 2016, Paizo Inc.; Author: F. Wesley Schneider."

So it's not new and appears to be from some setting book for an anime adaptation. I had no idea paizo did stuff like that.

Ilorin Lorati
2018-04-03, 10:28 PM
Wes did the class as part of a collaboration with the Vampire Hunter D comic kickstarter a few years ago, yeah. I'm surprised it was added to the main section of Reyst's SRD though.

Palanan
2018-04-04, 11:29 AM
I can't find this book on Amazon nor the Paizo website, although I never could make sense of the latter.

Does anyone have a direct link to its product page, if there is one?

Ilorin Lorati
2018-04-04, 12:51 PM
I don't believe they've started actually selling it yet; the only place you could have gotten it is from the Kickstarter. As of last June, Erik Mona stated that they were waiting on some paperwork to finalize permission to sell, (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2uf6j?Is-there-a-list-of-unlisted-Pathfinder-books#21) but there hasn't been any word since as far as I can tell.