PDA

View Full Version : Were-Snakes and poison DC

JellyPooga
2007-08-31, 06:52 PM
Poison DC, for 'natural' poisons (like that of a viper or scorpion) is (usually) based on HD and Con...in fact, the equation is 10+(half HD)+Con mod IIRC...simple enough.

What about when you start playing with the Lycanthrope template? Is the DC for the poison (when in animal form, usually) only based on whatever Animal HD the character has (based on the "Base Animal")? Or is it based on Racial HD (of whatever sort)? Or is it based on total HD?

For example: A Gnoll, Level 3 Barbarian Were-Snake (base animal; medium Viper). He has 2 Animal HD, 2 Montrous Humanoid HD and 3 Barbarian HD. Let us, for the sake of argument, say he has a Constitution of 14 (or a +2 Con mod).

Is the DC of his Poison special attack, when in Snake Form;

13 (10+(half animal HD)+2)?
14 (10+(half all racial HD)+2)?
or
15 (10+(half all HD)+2)?

daggaz
2007-08-31, 07:36 PM
In my games, I would take the latter, and then I would stack on some magical effects similiar to mummy rot, just to make it a real pain in the ass. Lycanthropy is a magical disease, after all.

Fax Celestis
2007-08-31, 08:00 PM
The latter. It doesn't matter what kind of HD they are, as long as they're actual HD.

SpikeFightwicky
2007-09-01, 08:49 AM
The Fortitude save DC against a poison attack is equal to 10 + 1/2 poisoning creature’s racial HD + poisoning creature’s Con modifier (the exact DC is given in the creature’s descriptive text).

Going by this, RAW says '14 (10+(half all racial HD)+2)'.