PDA

View Full Version : Fun Tier 3 AL modules?

TheUser
2018-04-04, 09:40 AM
looking to start DM-ing some Tier 3 and wondering what good modules you guys can reccommend (and why).

DigitalCharlie
2018-04-04, 01:38 PM
I had a blast running Window to the Past because it provided a lot of opportunities to really shake players who think their characters were invulnerable. The module has a variety of ways that magic is altered — and the more characters have interesting artifacts, etc, the more that can backfire in ways that make them unsure what will happen. A few examples:

Teleporting can fail and cause force damage.
Every character pings as undead — which makes for interesting interactions with things like a helm of brilliance.
It gives the history of Hazirawn -- who will refuse to come along on the adventure

There are a number of others that are just fun, but that one was a stand out for me.

Raif
2018-04-04, 01:55 PM
I havent dm'd it just yet (i have it prepped) but I would also recommend Window to the Past. Its got some very awesome wtf moments and can really screw with your players heads if you're creative. Its fun, not too combat heavy, and is great for a party that likes a thinker.

You can ofc add more combat if you wish.

Aembrosia
2018-04-04, 01:56 PM
Hulb 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 they are simply fantastic.

In general i tend to favor season agnostic. 'Those That Came Before' is another decent module coming from alan patrick. Who doesnt like unintentionally doing the bidding of an undead demigod in a secret basement beneath candlekeep?

TheUser
2018-04-04, 03:36 PM
Hulb 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 they are simply fantastic.

In general i tend to favor season agnostic. 'Those That Came Before' is another decent module coming from alan patrick. Who doesnt like unintentionally doing the bidding of an undead demigod in a secret basement beneath candlekeep?

What is Hulb?

Aembrosia
2018-04-04, 05:41 PM
It is one of the Baldman Games AL mods. It premiered at gencon last year. There is also hulburg 1-1/2/3 for tier 2 and hulburg 2-1/2/3 for tier 2.