PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spheres of Power Trickster Handbook Playtest what is this archetypes power level?

Saffron-sama
2018-04-04, 02:01 PM
How broken is the archetype?
I feel it is really strong I mean that Mudra ability feels like a 20th level ability.
I am having issues explainig how strong it is due to my ability with words being really weak.

Onmitsu (Ninja Archetype)
Many ninjas rely on force of will to focus their ki. A lesser known study instead takes a more skilled approach to expend personal spiritual energies to control external forces. The onmitsu dedicate more time and study to ancient chi sorcerer practices to accurately and calmly focus their powers.

Skills
The onmitsu gains Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft as class skills, but loses Disable Device and Knowledge (dungeoneering).
This modifies the ninja skills list.

Gong Tau
At first level the onmitsu gains Basic Magical Training and Advanced Magical Training as a bonus feats. If the onmitsu already has the Basic Magical Training feat, or the casting class feature from another source, she gains Extra Magical Talent in place of these feats. She must select a talent from the Alteration, Dark, Illusion or Warp spheres with this feat. The onmitsu may expend a spell points in place of ki points to activate ninja tricks. An onmitsu may take Alteration, Dark, Illusion or Warp sphere talents in place of ninja tricks.
This modifies ki pool and replaces poison use.

Mudra
At 3rd level an onmitsu may increase the action required to use any Alteration, Dark, Illusion or Warp sphere effect by one step (swift becomes move, move becomes standard, standard become full-round) to improve its caster level by 1 or reduce its spell point cost by 1 (minimum 0). This bonus/reduction increases by an additional +1 at 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level.
This replaces no trace.

Ninja Tricks

Chi Sorcery: (requires mudra) Gain one spell point plus an additional spell point for every 2 ninja levels you possess. This trick can be taken twice, if taken a second time gain an additional spell point per ninja level instead of every 2.

Dim Mak: You may use any melee weapon to deal nonlethal damage without penalty if your target is denied their dexterity modifier to armor class. When using this trick the weapon is treated as if it also had the shadow wake weapon enhancement.

Kuji No In (Requires Mudra) Choose two spheres. You may also use mudra with those spheres. You may also take talents from those spheres as ninja tricks.

Perfect Mudra (Requires Mudra) When using the mudra, you may increase the action required by an additional step to reduce the spell point cost of the sphere effect by 1 (minimum 0) or improve the effective caster level of the sphere ability by an additional 1. This ninja trick may be taken up to twice but the increase in action cost only ever becomes a single step higher.

exelsisxax
2018-04-04, 02:33 PM
What is this, what does any of this have to do with the SoP playtest that ended year(s?) ago, explain the context of the problem along with the actual problem.

I don't know what you want so far, and am really confused.

Manyasone
2018-04-04, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking it's his homebrew he wants rated

Saffron-sama
2018-04-04, 02:41 PM
This is an archetype in the trickster handbook playtest.
I just realized that the title could be misleading.
The problem is I have a hard time formulating easy to read points. The author posted a reply to a comment on the playtest.
Looking at I feel it is way to easy a 3 level dip to get free conjuration summons, destruction attacks or infinite good combat healing.

stack
2018-04-04, 02:42 PM
It is an archetype in the Trickster's Handbook playtest (illusion sphere expansion). As such, it should be discussed in the relevant thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?554667-(Spheres-of-Power)-Trickster-s-Handbook-Open-Beta)

exelsisxax
2018-04-04, 02:52 PM
This is an archetype in the trickster handbook playtest.
I just realized that the title could be misleading.
The problem is I have a hard time formulating easy to read points. The author posted a reply to a comment on the playtest.
Looking at I feel it is way to easy a 3 level dip to get free conjuration summons, destruction attacks or infinite good combat healing.

I've reported this thread for being pointless. You can take back to the actual thread that, in fact, you literally cannot do that. Please read things more thoroughly before restarting the conversation.

Saffron-sama
2018-04-04, 03:11 PM
I've reported this thread for being pointless. You can take back to the actual thread that, in fact, you literally cannot do that. Please read things more thoroughly before restarting the conversation.

Out of curiosity what am I needing to read more throughly? So I can improve myself.
If you mean something like playtest courtesy, I prioritized not flooding the thread over keeping it in one place. Since I figured this topic could fill a page or two. If its not reading the mudra ability the issue is Kuji no In and Perfected Mundra. If its constructive criticism being posted that is part of the reason I wanted to get aid to build a better and more solid reasoning criticism.
If its the rules of the forum I did read them a long while ago so I may need to go back a reread to make sure I am not forgeting any.
One Topic, One Thread rule I feel would not necessarily apply to this since its a discussion on one thing part not the whole.