PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Adding Damage to Daylight spell for against undead

MariktheDragon
2018-04-04, 08:55 PM
Hey fellow playgrounders,

I was trying to find a way to add damage to the daylight spell for undead, is there a way to do this cause i wanted to modify daylight with purify and sacred metamagics but they only work for damaging spells

Celestia
2018-04-04, 09:08 PM
The Snowcasting feat (Frostburn) gives the spell the [Cold] descriptor. Then, since it's a cold spell, you can use Flash Frost (PH2) to add +2 cold damage/spell level. This can work on literally any spell, even if it doesn't make sense.

MariktheDragon
2018-04-04, 09:13 PM
The Snowcasting feat (Frostburn) gives the spell the [Cold] descriptor. Then, since it's a cold spell, you can use Flash Frost (PH2) to add +2 cold damage/spell level. This can work on literally any spell, even if it doesn't make sense.

Thanks i'll have to bring this up to my Dm, that only adds 2 points of damage, purify spell changes 1d6 to 1d8 or 1d8 to 2d6 and so on, sacred spell makes half the damage dealt by a sacred spell directly from divine power.

DrMotives
2018-04-04, 09:20 PM
Easier to just take the feat "Bane Magic undead" which will add 2d6 to all spell damage against undead. This means that cure light wounds will hurt them more, flame strike will hurt them more, and spell you cast as long as it already does damage to start with.