PDA

View Full Version : Outsider Resurrection

Promethean
2018-04-05, 12:03 PM
Can astral seed or clone resurrect outsiders? I'm wondering because they are 8th level spells/powers and thus by default supposed to be more powerful than limited wish(which can). D&D isn't consistent with the power of each spell level though(revive outsider is sixth level after all).

InterstellarPro
2018-04-05, 12:44 PM
Can astral seed or clone resurrect outsiders? I'm wondering because they are 8th level spells/powers and thus by default supposed to be more powerful than limited wish(which can). D&D isn't consistent with the power of each spell level though(revive outsider is sixth level after all).

An outsider does not have distinct body and soul. They are one and the same. So, from a flavor perspective, I would say that it should not work. From a mechanics perspective, I see no reason why it would not.

Promethean
2018-04-05, 01:00 PM
An outsider does not have distinct body and soul. They are one and the same. So, from a flavor perspective, I would say that it should not work. From a mechanics perspective, I see no reason why it would not.

I think it'd also depend how you look at the fluff. For example if Clone/Astral Seed didn't actually carry over the person's soul/spirit, but instead made an exact copy of them that activated on death.