PDA

View Full Version : gesses on the red and black dude?

lord of pixies
2007-08-31, 11:59 PM
try to gues what the red and black talking person is

lord of pixies
2007-09-01, 12:04 AM
i'll start by saying that it cant be a devil or demon...because this is a mostly LG comunity that any potentail ruler couldent be on friendly terms with a evil character...

blackout
2007-09-01, 12:07 AM
Dude, they tried to assassinate Hinjo. Their evil.

boomwolf
2007-09-01, 12:13 AM
its about the seventh topic opened on this.

clear answer-look for the time sabine went to the demon world to talk with her masters. they talk the same.

Cade Shadow
2007-09-01, 08:56 AM
Just because you attempt to assassinate someone does not make you evil. He could have believed that Killing Hinjo would allow a much better ruler to lead for the good of the people-himself.

Threeshades
2007-09-01, 09:02 AM
Just because you attempt to assassinate someone does not make you evil. He could have believed that Killing Hinjo would allow a much better ruler to lead for the good of the people-himself.

but that would make you neutral at best. A Good character would first try to convince hinjo of himself or somebody else being the leader who is better for the people

Cade Shadow
2007-09-01, 09:15 AM
but that would make you neutral at best. A Good character would first try to convince hinjo of himself or somebody else being the leader who is better for the people

But what if he already had all the evidence that Hinjo was not suited and that no one else was? In the same way that being evil doesn't mean careless (see redcloak after the general instance, good doesn't mean that you will always be modest (look to Miko pre-fall)

Ah, but this isn't the point of this topic.

Threeshades
2007-09-01, 09:21 AM
But what if he already had all the evidence that Hinjo was not suited and that no one else was? In the same way that being evil doesn't mean careless (see redcloak after the general instance, good doesn't mean that you will always be modest (look to Miko pre-fall)

Ah, but this isn't the point of this topic.

if he had the evidence he could easily put hinjo out of charge in a legal court.

okay for the topic:
The red and black talker is either an evil outsider or elan's and nale's daddy.

Maybe Xykon's cousin

BobTheFerret
2007-09-01, 11:13 AM
if he had the evidence he could easily put hinjo out of charge in a legal court.

okay for the topic:
The red and black talker is either an evil outsider or elan's and nale's daddy.

Maybe Xykon's cousin

Nyet. The government doesn't work like that. You can provide all the evidence you want that Hinjo is UNSUITED for the job, but cannot get the government to kick him out unless you can prove it is ILLEGAL for him to take the job. Of course, in a monarchy, he IS the government, so "the government" might not even kick him out then.

The red-and-black caller COULD, in such a situation, be Chaotic Good... if he feels removing Hinjo is 'good'... but not with those colour speech bubbles.

Threeshades
2007-09-01, 11:22 AM
Nyet. The government doesn't work like that. You can provide all the evidence you want that Hinjo is UNSUITED for the job, but cannot get the government to kick him out unless you can prove it is ILLEGAL for him to take the job. Of course, in a monarchy, he IS the government, so "the government" might not even kick him out then.

The red-and-black caller COULD, in such a situation, be Chaotic Good... if he feels removing Hinjo is 'good'... but not with those colour speech bubbles.

Well maybe real world governments dont work like that but governments established by Lawful Goods would think about the good side too and not only the lawful one.

VanBuren
2007-09-01, 01:10 PM
So you're saying, that in the single day that Hinjo has been the ruler, the nobles--who for the most part were not present, mind you--have managed to collect enough evidence to prove he is unsuited for the job?

Sorry, sounds dodgy, and with too little evidence.

DreadSpoon
2007-09-01, 01:32 PM
Well maybe real world governments dont work like that but governments established by Lawful Goods would think about the good side too and not only the lawful one.

Bull. Jeez people have no clue how alignment works in D&D or what it is meant to represent.

(a) You cannot plan to kill someone in cold blood and be Good. Period. End of freakin' story. A Good person would, if he felt using force was necessary, do it honorably and legally, and not be employing sneaky murderers, poison-wielding arsonist archers, etc.

(b) A Lawful Good city can have Evil people living in it. A City cannot in fact have an alignment at all. A city is Lawful Good if its government is Lawful Good, but the whole point of trying to kill the leader is to replace the government with your own ideal, which may or may not adhere to the same alignment.

(c) A Lawful Good government is Lawful, as are _all_ governments (that is the sole purpose of government - to prevent anarchy), but there is nothing a government does that makes it Good or Evil. The only question is whether the leaders of the government are ruling out of a desire to help the individual people under their rule to prosper and be well or whether the leader is merely trying to build up a mighty civlization for his own power and glory. Shojo was Chaotic Good, yet he ruled the supposedly Lawful Good Azue City!

kirbsys
2007-09-01, 01:35 PM
So you're saying, that in the single day that Hinjo has been the ruler, the nobles--who for the most part were not present, mind you--have managed to collect enough evidence to prove he is unsuited for the job?

Sorry, sounds dodgy, and with too little evidence.

From a certain standpoint the fact that he, i dunno, LOST THE CITY on his first day of rule could be considered grounds for a no confidence vote against him.

VanBuren
2007-09-01, 01:37 PM
Eh,

1. A Good person would do it honorably and legally? A Lawful Good person for sure, but Chaotic Good makes no such promise.

2. Not all governments are Lawful. You can have a Chaotic government, just one that's very loosely organized. In fact, I think I remember reading about alignment definitions for governments.

VanBuren
2007-09-01, 01:39 PM
From a certain standpoint the fact that he, i dunno, LOST THE CITY on his first day of rule could be considered grounds for a no confidence vote against him.

I don't know that it would be valid since they, I dunno, TRIED TO HAVE HIM ASSASSINATED in the middle of the battle. I can't imagine how that could have helped the battle in any way.

RAGE KING!
2007-09-01, 01:46 PM
Read I.Robot. The first law states that robots CANNOT harm humans. and yet the machines work to bring down members of society who would stand against them, because the machines prevent war, famine, disease etc. Admittedly, the machines cannot, and didn't, kill anyone, but kubota isn't bound by the laws of robotics is he? Only the alignment laws. also, he could be threatened, scared etc. in addition to ambitious, involved in evil plots etc.

Draz74
2007-09-01, 02:29 PM
Kubota is evil, unless he's a much more complex character than we have been led to believe, and has LOTS of hidden motivations and subplots surrounding him. By Occam's Razor, I say that (so far) we have no reason to suspect this and that the most sensible assumption is that Kubota is a simple, corrupt character.

Just because a government is Lawful Good in its official position doesn't mean that all its nobles are lawful good or even good. Or that the government's position can't change if its leadership goes through a coup. Shojo didn't leave us much doubt about the corruptness of Azure City's nobility, so unless he was misleading Roy ...

Back on topic:

The black-and-red-speech character is either part of Sabine's hierarchy, or is a totally new character who is part of a new faction, separate from all previously known characters (except Kubota).

I tend to think it's the former. Not that it would be ridiculous for Giant to introduce a new faction into the story at this point, but before he does that, he usually likes to give us several "preview" hints that someone is going to be introduced. (He could have had Miko show up in Episode #199 without any kind of warning to us, the readers, that she was coming, you know.) So -- here's Preview #2 for the new Team Fiend that's going after the Gates.

And yes, I know the red-on-black speech doesn't quite match the three beings that Sabine actually talked to. Of course it doesn't. Those were her "dark lords" or something. Obviously such creatures would send an underling to do their dirty work, not deal with it themselves. :smalltongue:

The only real question is why they didn't immediately order Sabine to abandon any other missions she was on (such as "be Nale's consort and lead him to fulfill his eeeeeevil potential") to join with their other underlings in the quest to capture the gates ...

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-01, 02:30 PM
A Good person would, if he felt using force was necessary, do it honorably and legally, and not be employing sneaky murderers, poison-wielding arsonist archers, etc.

Not at all.
A good person would try to avoid violence, and if violence was needed, he/she would do it in any way. A Lawful Good or Neutral Good would do as you said. But a Neutral Good (this category goes both options) or a Chaotic Good, would do things their way.

Solo
2007-09-01, 02:31 PM
try to gues what the red and black talking person is

Spellcheck is your friend.

As a result of a massive invasion instigated by two nearly Epic level characters.

You wanna name me someone who could have feasibly forestalled that?

It should also be noted that a ninja assassination squad was sent after him monuments after Shojo died, and again in the mist of combat, before Hinjo lost the city.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Theodoriph
2007-09-01, 03:41 PM
Kubota is obviously evil and is likely Neutral Evil. Lawful Evil is a bit of a stretch.

Hannes
2007-09-01, 04:09 PM
As a result of a massive invasion instigated by two nearly Epic level characters.
You wanna name me someone who could have feasibly forestalled that?

Yes! I DO! Dark Phoenix, from X-Men. x)

Kaelaroth
2007-09-01, 04:15 PM
Spellcheck is no longer your friend! :smallfurious: It has grown angry teeth, and will ignore you at social functions, spilling its drink over you when necessary!

Meanwhile, I would've thought that it as a demon of some sort, as I cannot see Lord Tyr-thingy as being higher-planey enough to be granted a special sppech bubble.

However, as the comic is not even half way through, it could possibly be an entirely new faction.