PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions....

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-01, 12:03 AM
My DM has thought up a Forgotten Realms campaign of which my character has been an extremely well-traveled Person.

this Character is going to be a SwashBuckling Cassanova type, with 9000 Starting equipment Gold (this gold can not be carried into the game, so I'd like to spend at least 90% of it.) I was also wondering if you could make up some Female Characters of which my Character has been Involved with, these characters could be of any level and they could be of any where between a Prostitute to a Paladin (with the charisma that this character has he could pull off Flirting and Romancing the Paladin quite well.), also if possible could you make a list of equipment of which you think I should Have.

Please put Characters in this Format:

Name:
Species:
Class/occupation & level:
other Info:

Please put your list of items in this format:

(1) Cutlass (Example) X GP
(2) Masterwork Flintlock Pistol (Example) X GP

Thanks for your help.

~Dean Fellithor

Seffbasilisk
2007-09-01, 12:41 AM
Name: Taspa
Species:Human
Class/occupation & level: Barbarian2/Fighter 11
other Info: Big woman, green eyes, black hair, v. strong.

Please put your list of items in this format:

(1) Silver-inlaid Masterwork Rapier +1 2,340 X GP
(2) Ring of Sustenance 2,500 GP
(3) Mithril Chain Shirt +1 2,100gp
(4) Masterwork Buckler +1 1,165gp
(5) Hide from animals potion x1 50gp
(6) Invisibility Potion x1 300gp
(7) Cure Light wounds potion x3 150gp
(8) Dust of Tracelessness

Total: 8,855

Leaves 145gp for misc mundane equipment. I suggest thunderstones (30gp) and tanglefoot bags (50gp) highly.

The rapier...well what casanova has no sword? Ring of sustenance, less chance of folks poisoning you, and if you only need two hours sleep..more time for passion, and no chance you'll oversleep. The chain shirt has no Armor check penalty (good for running away from irate husbands), and the buckler for turning the estate's guard's blows as you disarm them, blow a kiss to the adultress wife, and run away. Hide from animals potion? Two words. Guard. Dogs. They can ruin your day. Invisibility potion? When it's only human guards, or you're in a pinch. Cure light? Sometimes you get wounds from escapades you dont want the cleric to know about. Also helpful if you cut yourself sneaking in. Not many want to be bled on amid lovemakings, and the blood is a dead giveaway. Dust of tracelessness? You THINK they won't track you? Think again.

BRC
2007-09-01, 12:53 AM
I have an uncanny feeling that the DM is going to have at least one of these exes try to kill you.

Jannex
2007-09-01, 01:46 AM
(1) Potion of Remove Disease X 750gp

Think about it.

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-01, 04:30 AM
I have an uncanny feeling that the DM is going to have at least one of these exes try to kill you.

Not if my character can help it *wink wink*. xD

gonna have to put a lot into Bluff...

loserthree
2007-09-01, 07:22 AM
Name: Lady Vivian (Veevee to her intimate acquaintances)
Species: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Aasimaar, it matters not
Class/occupation & level: Swashbuckler 1/Sneaky (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighter) Thug (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighterVariantThug) 7+
other Info: Just keep putting more levels in Sneaky (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighter) Thug (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighterVariantThug).

Veevee is a lesser noble, a third daughter who would have been married off to some vassal of her mother's in order to ensure his loyalty. Would have, but for two things: her nearly hidden blood lust and you.

While Veevee was supposed to be learning how to 'defend herself' as a child and a young lady, she was actually learning how to deliver the most devastating strikes. She reveled in her ability to cause pain and serious damage.

Her trainer, twenty years her senior (or more if an elf) and captivated by her beauty but more importantly her nobility, encouraged this trait in the hopes that her mother might feel that she was unmanageable, at least by anyone else, and reward his years of service with her hand in marriage.

In order to safely feed her need to harm others, he secretly took her out into her mother's city to "defend her mother's weaker subjects from injustice". In reality he was simply choosing targets such as street toughs, thieves, and pimps because he didn't feel they'd be missed. He was wrong, of course.

While Veevee's trainer knew a great deal about combat, he did not understand the most basic elements of politics or the 'way of the world', and his actions (and those of his lesser-known sidekick) angered local organized crime. The resulting counterstrike took Veevee's trainer's life, and almost her own. She only narrowly escaped with her life, and may not have escaped with her anonymity (though she thinks she has).

So Veevee, properly scared out of her young-lady-mind, settled back into court life, hiding form the trauma of her experiences until you came along. Dashing and handsome/ dexterous/ mighty/ whatever-you-are, you charmed her and reawakened her love of adventure. With her ranks in Diplomacy and Bluff I'm sure she also convinced you that she was unable to resist your bedroom prowess and aptitude in the sack.

She played the young-and-inexperienced while you played the worldly-and-knowledgable and tried to teach her to fight (this is where she gets that level is Swashing the Buckles), mostly so you could get your arms around her. All the while she pretended that you knew a great deal more than she did, while in fact you were fairly evenly matched (at the time)

One night on the town you had some opportunity to display your heroic, combative side and she, with her hidden blood lust reawakened, joined right in. In the ensuing brawl, and for the first time publicly, she put her Improved Feint into use and very painfully and messily killed a man.

That man happened to be the younger brother of a visiting minor lord of another kingdom, who then challenged Veevee to a duel. You tried to talk Veevee into allowing you to be her champion, but her politically minded family blamed you for the whole affair and effectively insulated you from her.

In the end, Veevee lied, cheated, and sneaked her way into fighting her own duel, leaving her would-be champion tied up in his small clothes in some out-of-the-way closet. She brutally killed her accuser and all politically-motivated interest (the only sort her mother recognized) in her hand in marriage evaporated.

Depending on how much of what kind back-up your GM wants her to have, she could be disassociated with her noble family and on her own, or leading her own pirate/outlaw navy/army.

Veevee remains a noblewoman and should have maxed ranks in Diplomacy, Bluff, and Sense Motive, 5 ranks in Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) and the Persuasive Feat. Depending on how many Feats are available (how powerful she is when you run into her again) she ought to have Skill Focus (Bluff) and Skill Focus (Diplomacy) as well.

Veevee remains a remorseless killer and should have Combat Expertise, Improved Feint (which she uses to gain flank-less Sneak Attacks) and Power Attack. With her high BAB, denial of her target's Dex Bonus to AC, plus her Swashbuckler's Int Bonus, she can afford to swap a little Attack Bonus for more damage. She should primarily use a Keen Rapier +whatever and, if she ends up more dexterous than strong, Weapon Finesse.

(Edit: I forgot to mention she ought to be Neutral Evil, just like Batman.)

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-01, 09:45 AM
I like the sound of these characters so far, they sound like the kinda women that my character would go for, I also like the "Potion of cure disease" idea, made me lol.

thanks

~Dean

Jade_Tarem
2007-09-01, 12:12 PM
Name: Annath Bluestone (Role: Wandering Ally)
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Cleric 7 (Good Deity, she herself is NG)
Other: Annath travels between cities and towns both major and minor, and is a general on-call person for most sorts of emergencies. As a cleric of some power, her abilities are many and much sought-after by large organizations (usually churches) but she likes a life where the scenery constantly changes.

As a level 7 cleric, Annath is more than capable of handling any problems caused by "the usual suspects" and also has powerful healing abilites. She also occasionally aids in fighting fires and other such situations. If she has a fault, it's impatience - and stubborness (and the two sometimes work together!). She never asks for a reward but will graciously accept one that is offered, and in doing so has managed to purchase some decent equipment.

You met Annath several seasons ago and travelled with her for a time. A relationship soon followed. Annath, however, travelled a little too quickly for your tastes, and you parted ways (on good terms) when you stayed in a town to pursue various prospects (not those prospects, get your mind out of the gutter!).

Annath is 5'6", has fair skin and blonde hair cut mid-length and usually held back with a leather headband. She travels on horseback in full-plate armor (no helmet) and wields a heavy mace and a shield (after buffing herself) in combat. She is a generally cheerful personality and tends to not let the "little things" get to her, but she will be come uncomfortable and edgy if she stays in one area too long or has to leave a problem unfinished. If the two things conflict (forcing her to stay in an area while still not solving the problem) she can get downright unpleasant or rude.

Dean Fellithor
2007-09-02, 04:33 AM
Name: Annath Bluestone (Role: Wandering Ally)
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Cleric 7 (Good Deity, she herself is NG)
Other: Annath travels between cities and towns both major and minor, and is a general on-call person for most sorts of emergencies. As a cleric of some power, her abilities are many and much sought-after by large organizations (usually churches) but she likes a life where the scenery constantly changes.

As a level 7 cleric, Annath is more than capable of handling any problems caused by "the usual suspects" and also has powerful healing abilites. She also occasionally aids in fighting fires and other such situations. If she has a fault, it's impatience - and stubborness (and the two sometimes work together!). She never asks for a reward but will graciously accept one that is offered, and in doing so has managed to purchase some decent equipment.

You met Annath several seasons ago and travelled with her for a time. A relationship soon followed. Annath, however, travelled a little too quickly for your tastes, and you parted ways (on good terms) when you stayed in a town to pursue various prospects (not those prospects, get your mind out of the gutter!).

Annath is 5'6", has fair skin and blonde hair cut mid-length and usually held back with a leather headband. She travels on horseback in full-plate armor (no helmet) and wields a heavy mace and a shield (after buffing herself) in combat. She is a generally cheerful personality and tends to not let the "little things" get to her, but she will be come uncomfortable and edgy if she stays in one area too long or has to leave a problem unfinished. If the two things conflict (forcing her to stay in an area while still not solving the problem) she can get downright unpleasant or rude.

as I probably Hinted in First post: These are supposed to be women I've slept with, cause I reckon It'd be hilarious to enter a town and someone says:
"HEY! How come you left me? *SLAP*"
"I probably deserved that..."