PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Through Familiar Eyes

BloodfeudKobold
2018-04-06, 03:24 PM
This may seem weird, but I am trying to have a character who is blind and instead sees through the eyes of his familiar (he’s a wizard with a raven). Is there anyway to do this other than permanencied Chain of Eyes (at DM discretion, since it isn’t in the permanency list)?

It was just an idea. I was hoping there might be a magic item or feat or such.

flappeercraft
2018-04-06, 03:33 PM
It's not practical but the only way I can come up with is being a Sea Hag (level drain to 1 RHD) and get a Covey, then craft a Hag eye and give it to your familiar.

Zaq
2018-04-06, 03:43 PM
One level of Binder with the feat Improved Binding gives access to Malphas, who can summon a raven at-will and then see/hear through the raven. If you find three feats to be cheaper than a feat and a level, you can also take the Bind Vestige / Improved Bind Vestige / Practiced Binder chain, which can give you the same ability, but that’s a big cost.

Downsides would include showing Malphas’s sign (though there are vestiges with worse signs—Malphas just turns your tongue and teeth black) and very likely being subjected to Malphas’s influence, which is sometimes more fun than others.

I’m not immediately acquainted with a quick and easy way to see through your existing familiar’s eyes. Does the Chain of Eyes spell work if you’re blind? Maybe take Stitched Flesh Familiar and cast that spell that lets you see through an undead ally?

Venger
2018-04-06, 03:51 PM
One level of Binder with the feat Improved Binding gives access to Malphas, who can summon a raven at-will and then see/hear through the raven. If you find three feats to be cheaper than a feat and a level, you can also take the Bind Vestige / Improved Bind Vestige / Practiced Binder chain, which can give you the same ability, but that’s a big cost.

Downsides would include showing Malphas’s sign (though there are vestiges with worse signs—Malphas just turns your tongue and teeth black) and very likely being subjected to Malphas’s influence, which is sometimes more fun than others.

I’m not immediately acquainted with a quick and easy way to see through your existing familiar’s eyes. Does the Chain of Eyes spell work if you’re blind? Maybe take Stitched Flesh Familiar and cast that spell that lets you see through an undead ally?

eyes of the zombie

Deophaun
2018-04-06, 03:53 PM
eyes of the zombie
Which is just an inferior version of undead eyes.