PDA

View Full Version : Hexbladelock 4th Level Spell Selection

Scyrner
2018-04-06, 04:09 PM
Hello folks,

So I'm playing a Hexblade Warlock: Pact of the Blade and the party's getting pretty close to 7th level and I'd love to hear what people think about the 4th level Warlock spells (which they're fond of or hate) and why.

I generally end up playing pretty close to the front of the party, concentrating on Hex or Darkness.

Currently, I have Hex, Shield, Thunder Step, Shatter, Counterspell, and Darkness.

As far as Invocations, I have Thirsting Blade, Maddening Hex, and Devil's Sight.

Thanks!

kardar233
2018-04-06, 04:20 PM
I should note that the Concentration slot is a bit more open than is implied; my Shadow Sorcadin is providing Darkness so the Warlock doesn’t need to.

Snivlem
2018-04-06, 05:17 PM
I'd grab banishment for sure and then swap out shield for dimension door or something else like armor of agathys (how often do you want to use one of your two slots on a non-scaling 1st level spell?)

Actually i'd probably grab armor of agathys first TBH

MrStabby
2018-04-06, 06:44 PM
Banishment.

Great as a level 4 spell and still great out of a level 5 spell slot.

RSP
2018-04-06, 07:57 PM
If getting in melee, Shadow of Moil looks good. I'd also agree with trading out Shield at this level as it doesn't compete with the higher level spells out of a 4th slot.

Rhaegar14
2018-04-07, 04:02 AM
Retrain Darkness to Shadow of Moil. All the normal Darkness & Devil's Sight abuse without impeding the rest of your party, and the Shadow Sorcerer has it for the occasions the rest of your party wants it there too.

After that, I'd second Banishment.

Mortis_Elrod
2018-04-07, 08:39 AM
7th level is when you get another invocation. I'd recommend grabbing that Eldritch Smite.

For Spells Shadow of Moil is great. I also like Sickening Radiance, great for some harsh radiant damage. Blight is also good for a death touch.

Mikal
2018-04-07, 08:59 AM
Seconding retraining Darkness for Shadow of Moil.
If you fight a lot of extraplanar beings, Banishment is good.