PDA

View Full Version : Combining weapons

Crow_Nightfeath
2018-04-06, 07:45 PM
So there's this weapon I've been kinda wanting to make it takes a musket and a falchion and combines them into one weapon. The weapon can be used as either the musket or the falchion. The biggest problem I'm having is I don't know how it would affect cost or other modifiers. Is it just the costs of the weapons combined?

Falontani
2018-04-06, 07:46 PM
So there's this weapon I've been kinda wanting to make it takes a musket and a falchion and combines them into one weapon. The weapon can be used as either the musket or the falchion. The biggest problem I'm having is I don't know how it would affect cost or other modifiers. Is it just the costs of the weapons combined?

I would look into the Elvencraft Longbow and Elvencraft Shortbow for ideas on that

flappeercraft
2018-04-06, 07:49 PM

I would add and then some, after all it's two weapons in one. Probably 1.5(X+Y) would be a fair price for combining weapons.

Karl Aegis
2018-04-06, 08:02 PM
What insane double weapon are you trying to make?

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-04-06, 08:19 PM
Why not take the price of the sword bows in the MiC. (assuming this is 3.5 or 3.0, idk much about pf)

umbergod
2018-04-06, 09:45 PM
What insane double weapon are you trying to make?

My guess would be a gunsword, like from Final Fantasy 8

DrMotives
2018-04-06, 09:46 PM
There was an extra list of early gunpowder weapons that had using rifle & pistol butts as bludgeons. Rifle butts act basically as clubs, 1d6 damage at medium size. Pistol butt is 1d4 at medium. Those count as martial weapons. There was something else about crossbows acting in similar ways.

Mechalich
2018-04-06, 10:48 PM
A Pistol Sword (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword) is probably the closest thing to what you are describing. The sword part would be fairly normal, but it requires a specialty pistol mechanism to be grafted onto the blade, which would probably be hideously expensive. Note that such weapons are primarily knives/swords, with the single shot available either immediately prior to closing into melee or to try and break through a crushing press.

gorfnab
2018-04-06, 10:56 PM
Pathfinder has a Musket Axe in its firearms section (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/Weapons/firearms). If your DM is okay with it you could probably just switch out the Battle Axe part for a Falchion.