PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help choosing between two Templates

Mystic Muse
2018-04-06, 10:58 PM
So, my dungeon master for a game that's starting soon is willing to let me take a template for free. I was initially thinking half-dragon, but have since decided to chsnge course.

My base ability scores are

I am thinking of going for an angel-type character, and the class I'm considering is either Paladin or Cleric.

Given all of this, I am debating between the Half-Celestial (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/half-celestial/) and sublime (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/sublime-creature-cr-2/).

I don't really want to abuse this and go over a CR+2 template. I'm just trying to decide which is best.

The base race has yet to be decided(leaning heavily toward Aasimar), but they have to look human.

grarrrg
2018-04-07, 12:40 AM
Sublime looks VERY much better than a +2 CR template...ah...3rd party.

Just between Ageless, 'Strong Life Force', and the stat modifiers, you're up to +8 CON and +11 CHA, and BOTH are added to your HD.
Ignoring your normal base stats, you're already up to +9 hp for every level (+10 when you include the bonus Toughness feat).
And Fast healing equal to your CHA bonus.
And you get full Channeling as if you were a Cleric.
And all of your Positive Energy Healing is doubled...

Go Paladin. Take the deity Feat that lets you use CHA when attacking with Starknives, and the feat that lets you use CHA for Initiative, and....
The Swift action Lay on Hands will make you actually immortal. Throw on a couple channeling feats and just....yeah.

Psyren
2018-04-07, 12:47 AM
As mentioned, Sublime is 3rd-party, so definitely clear that with your GM first.

If allowed, it's the obviously stronger choice.

Mystic Muse
2018-04-07, 01:25 AM
That's pretty much what I was thinking, was just leaning towards half-Celestial because wings super early is nice. Thanks gor confirming what I should have known, guys. :smallsmile: