PDA

View Full Version : Nymphtouched [Feat]

Ali
2007-09-01, 06:18 AM
Nymphtouched

You were introduced to druidism by a nymph, and the magic of nature comes to you slightly differently than it does to other druids.

Prerequisites: Cha 13, Druid level 1st

Benefit: You cast druid spells using your charisma instead of wisdom.

Normal: You cast druid spells using your wisdom score.

Thoughts on this feat?

Dhavaer
2007-09-01, 06:30 AM
It's almost identical to Fey Blood (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/3CsX278ZDGQQ62al3RP.html), except it has a higher Charisma requirement and doesn't require Sylvan or a particular type.

Ali
2007-09-01, 07:05 AM
Ah, cool. If only I'd found that to start with, heh heh.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-01, 07:07 AM
I'm sorry, but the name makes me feel dirty inside. :smallsigh:

AKA_Bait
2007-09-01, 11:49 AM
Show me on the doll where the Nymph touched you...

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Otherwise, looks good. The higher Cha requirement is a decent balance for not needing the specific racial type.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-01, 12:53 PM
Very similar to something in the Gaming section, but other than that, great. Maybe you could make a few more feats with that as a prerequisit that switches druid abilites for those of fey.

North
2007-09-01, 12:54 PM
I want to be nymphtouched........

thats what she said?

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-02, 02:21 PM
Very cool feat. I like it. In fact, it works perfectly with a character I've been designing. (Chaotic Neutral Druidess who embraces nature's wild side, and isn't all that wise but is very charismatic. Match made in heaven.)

Where is this touching nymph, neh? :smallbiggrin:

Jack_Simth
2007-09-02, 04:08 PM
It's almost identical to Fey Blood (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/3CsX278ZDGQQ62al3RP.html), except it has a higher Charisma requirement and doesn't require Sylvan or a particular type.
Hmm.... how to break....

Female Druid-12 with:
Fey Blood (Giant in the Playground)
Sacred Vow (Book of Exalted Deeds)
Vow of Poverty (Book of Exalted Deeds)
Extra Wild Shape (Complete Divine; for earliest entry to Fey Wild Shape)
Fey Wild Shape (Giant in the Playground)

... can be a Nymph all day; as the Giant's Fey Wild Shape gives the Su and Ex abilities, this character gets:
Charisma to AC (deflection, from Unearthly Grace)
Charisma to saves (unnamed, from Unearthly Grace)
Charisma based spellcasting
Blinding Beauty (DC 13+Charisma Bonus save or be Blinded, essentially a gaze attack; humanoids and Monstrous Humanoids only)
Stunning Glance (DC 13+Charisma Bonus save or be Stunned)
No need for equipment (which is a good thing, as it gets melded during Wild Shape - but this is primarily to cover a DM saying that the Cloak of Charisma that the "nymph" put back on effectively turns off Blinding Beauty by covering up the "nymph" - the Vow of Poverty is hardly essential to the build)
Plus normal Druid goodies

Mind you, it's much less useful in a party environment (you don't want to blind all your companions....) but that would get pretty crazy pretty quickly, even without that addition.

Do note that even with the relatively recent Wildshape errata, or using the Giant's version of Wildshape, this all holds. Such a Druid wouldn't have many stats to worry about at all - push Charisma first (spellcasting, AC, Saves, Blinding Beauty, Stunning Glance), Con second (HP, Fort saves), Dex third (AC, Reflex saves), followed by Strength, Intelligence, and Wisdom as the three least important attributes; casts as a Druid-12, too. Meanwhile, the earliest one could normally play a Nymph would be 13th (6 racial HD, +7 LA) and would only cast as a Druid-7, have far fewer Hit points and saves... but would have a racial bonus to basically everything except strength.

Hmm... might be a little too strong of a feat.

Edit:
Pixie with Fly 60 (Good) and constant Improved Invisibility would also do very well... especially with full casting, too. And as Spell Resistance is an Ex ability, and the "as characters" segment on the pixie specifies that it's 15 + class level... at 12th, that's SR 27; at 20th, that's SR 35. Either way, a tough SR nut to crack (at least, without those spells that reduce or effectively reduce a target's SR).

Stormcrow
2007-09-02, 06:56 PM
I was allways partial to a feat called Nymph****ed that was like a vampires ghoul, just a normal race with some very very slight Nymph/Charisma based powers due to... exposure.. to a Nymph.

Korias
2007-09-02, 07:05 PM
I was allways partial to a feat called Nymph****ed that was like a vampires ghoul, just a normal race with some very very slight Nymph/Charisma based powers due to... exposure.. to a Nymph.

Sigh. Poor Nymph. Always getting the wrong end of things.