PDA

View Full Version : 'Junk'?

FireDrake
2007-09-01, 07:12 AM
I just need this cleared up for me, to be sure i'm getting these jokes.

Hinjo's 'Junk' is the same as Roy's 'Trouser Titan'(#234), Elan's 'Weapon of choice'(#28) and Nale's 'Dagger(to a sword fight)'(#393).

Right?:smallconfused:

Kaelaroth
2007-09-01, 07:15 AM
Not how I saw it.

Though I can't explain how I saw it without getting barred. Just face it, this joke was dissected, divided, and destroyed many-a-day ago.

And you're on the right track.

Attilargh
2007-09-01, 07:17 AM
You know, sometimes a junk is just a junk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junk_%28ship%29). :smallwink:

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-01, 07:28 AM
Um, if a term has multiple meanings and in the given situations, all meanings are viable, then let all meanings stand.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-01, 10:22 AM
I just need this cleared up for me, to be sure i'm getting these jokes.

Hinjo's 'Junk' is the same as Roy's 'Trouser Titan'(#234), Elan's 'Weapon of choice'(#28) and Nale's 'Dagger(to a sword fight)'(#393).

Junk has two meanings.

The first one is American slang for male genitalia.

The second one is a type of boat used in China. This is what they're really talking about. This is the boat they're all on.

It's just a double meaning joke in the comic. :smallsmile:

Elfanatic
2007-09-01, 10:53 AM

The only thing that those have in common is that they are jokes concerning the male "third leg". A "Weapon of Choice" is not an Asian ship, nor is a "Trouser Titan" some form of dagger or sword.

Threeshades
2007-09-01, 11:24 AM
The only thing that those have in common is that they are jokes concerning the male "third leg". A "Weapon of Choice" is not an Asian ship, nor is a "Trouser Titan" some form of dagger or sword.

But a Trouser Titan is a ship.

You know, these gargantuan ships carrying thousands of tons of pants.

Calamity
2007-09-01, 11:48 AM
Junk has two meanings.

The first one is American slang for male genitalia.

The second one is a type of boat used in China. This is what they're really talking about. This is the boat they're all on.

It's just a double meaning joke in the comic. :smallsmile:

It's actually a triple-meaning, as junk can also mean trash/rubbish/garbage :smallwink:

Attilargh
2007-09-01, 12:06 PM
It is actually much more (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junk) than that, although I doubt many entries' relevance to the matter at hand.

Tal9922
2007-09-01, 12:08 PM
Tell you all the truth, the way i understood the double-entendre, junk had 2 meanings-

A) a chinese sailing vessel

B) drugs, heroine specifically, as they are addressed in street slang

So you are all mistaken, and only I am correct.:smallbiggrin:

wojonatior
2007-09-01, 01:21 PM
i think it was the initial joke that the ship is his "junk" as in........................ well you know.

FireDrake
2007-09-01, 01:36 PM
Thanks everyone!

I had that general idea all along ie. I got the double meaning, just wasn't sure about the slang.

The Trouser Titan, Dagger, Weapon of Choice thing was just trying to be discrete. And not get myself banned.

I'm not sure how this works but could a Mod close this thread for me please.